Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did an interior lighting mod that I thought might be beneficial for others interested in something similar. I placed these great little LED's (small enough to fit on the pad of your finger) in the foot wells (1 on each side), wiring them to a toggle and an accessory fuse. It's a little bit brighter than I wanted, but I hope to dim it down a bit once I put in larger resistors. I also replaced the shift column bulb with an LED to brighten that up a bit.

I got the LED's from Oznium for under $3.50 a piece. If you're looking for some really cool LED's, check that place out. They have tons of great stuff in almost any color you'd want. My next project is to add LED blinkers under my side view mirrors for increased visibility. I'll post a how to once I get it done. It should look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
567 Posts
how do u replace the light under the shifter column?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
so you just have one led under the dash on each side for the footwell area?

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

cuz thats pretty bright for one led

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
do want....

and i already have a switch where my old neon setup was hooked up lol

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacing the light in the shifter column wasn't that hard, as long as you're comfortable yanking on things and making a go of it. I followed a how-to here in the forums. Steps I followed: 1) pop out the little tray around your e-brake 2) pop off the gray trim panel around the shift column 3) pop off the charcoal colored panel directing around your shifter (this was the hardest part... there are 4 tabs, and you'll probably crack one of them off, but it still goes back on snug). The little white box with the bulb is in there. It just rests in place in a groove holder. I pulled off the diffusing film that's on the clear cover of the white box (clean that clear plastic with rubbing alcohol), cut the pos and neg wire leads to the 3v bulb, and wired in my LED. For fun, I also found a light blue gel film from guitar center (used for stage lights), layered a couple on there and secured them over the clear cover. Looks really good and took a grand total of 30 min. It was really easy.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

so you just have one led under the dash on each side for the footwell area?

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

cuz thats pretty bright for one led
Oh, and it is only one LED under each foot well. I know, isn't it crazy bright for just one? Oznium has killer stuff! Lots of colors to choose from, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.