Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Looks to be in good shape - and you have the G85 Recaros! Excellent seats!

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Yeah, I've needed to do that for some time now on mine. They're just water stains, but they discolor the mesh.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine were mostly water stains, but someone spilled a lot of coffee all over the passenger seat.
Do you know anything about dyeing the tan roof of the interior?

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
I'm not sure if it will dye well or not. I've seen one person had his entirely redone in Alcantera, though, and it looked great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I will look around, but I think it would look sick with an all black interior.
Especially matched with all black paint and rims.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
It did - it looked really, really good.

I think he has some pics in this thread:
Code:
https://www.co balt ss.net/forums/appearance-48/more-custom-interior-parts-237876/
Remove the spaces - it censors it otherwise, because of some spat the two sites had too many years ago.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Yeah...it's pretty petty, to be honest. I'm pretty sure Autoguide owns both sites, anyway.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Nah autoguide has the .com one .net is owned by internet brands or something like that. Either way it would be nice to be able to link
You're right, that's it. I always got confused by the fact those two sites exist - one clearly more popular than the other.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
For being your first car I would have to agree with your father haha the lsj is plenty quick enough for what it is for being your first car. Spend some time driving it and get used to it before you think about performance upgrades

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
For being your first car I would have to agree with your father haha the lsj is plenty quick enough for what it is for being your first car. Spend some time driving it and get used to it before you think about performance upgrades
This.

And then you can explore even better options than the Stage 3.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Smaller pulley, bigger TB, exhaust, header/downpipe, tune is more of what I was thinking. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'd still start with suspension, get the 08+ fe5 shocks and struts with some good springs, sway bar, control arm bushings, engine and transmission mounts, stuff like that haha make the car handle it's absolute best before throwing more power at it

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Short throw shifter would be nice as well

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
He can keep the front swaybar - the '05-'07 swaybar is one mm larger. That's the bar I have up front. But definitely get the Powell rear bar. Either the Street or Hardcore bar. The XXX is likely overkill unless you're autocrossing the thing all the time. Tires are huge, too. But yes, the '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks and Powell YYZ springs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah i will look into that, thanks!
I have plans to bring it up to the local drag strip once I have it all fixed up and take it for a spin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.