Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Idea 1:

the steering wheel badge...possible to remove that and paint it or better not attempt it due to airbag?

Idea 2:
Replace the passenger and rear window switches on the driver door panel to auto switches.

·
Registered
610 Posts
just mask it, be careful, and paint it. you dont necessarily have to remove it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
just mask it, be careful, and paint it. you dont necessarily have to remove it.
DO NOT MASK IT! WTF are you thinking? Do you want paint all over your interior??

If you really want to paint it while its in the car, use a paint brush..

You could also just take it out completely, and get a custom badge from 24Designs.net, Custom Emblems 24Designs.net

As for making the windows auto, you would need to get some more auto switches and do some fabbing..

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
definitely definitely do not spray in the car that would be dramatic find a brush on paint at your local auto center and brush it on definitely

you could use masking tape to tape it off so you dont **** it up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DO NOT MASK IT! WTF are you thinking? Do you want paint all over your interior??

If you really want to paint it while its in the car, use a paint brush..

You could also just take it out completely, and get a custom badge from 24Designs.net, Custom Emblems 24Designs.net

As for making the windows auto, you would need to get some more auto switches and do some fabbing..
Yeah, i looked on that site, and couldnt find any emblems for the steering wheel.

I dont know if the chevy dealer would be able to order the switches, nor where i'd find em online.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah, i looked on that site, and couldnt find any emblems for the steering wheel.

I dont know if the chevy dealer would be able to order the switches, nor where i'd find em online.
Try emailing him. I'm sure he can still make you one even though he doesn't advertise them anymore. He can also make it say anything you want. Or have any design you want!

·
Registered
610 Posts
i taped mine and put newspaper around my steering wheel and i didnt get any paint on my interior. i'll post pics later tonight.

·
Registered
610 Posts
nvm scratch that because when i took the newspaper off, the paint came off to. apparantly the primer that i used for the bowtie didnt stick. the paint pealed right off. FAIL!

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
i masked mine and painted it and it came out fine. just dont go crazy spraying. and put lots of newspaper down. do light coats and a clear coat

·
Registered
610 Posts
i masked mine and painted it and it came out fine. just dont go crazy spraying. and put lots of newspaper down. do light coats and a clear coat
did you use primer? i primed it first and it peeled off i was like wtf?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
get a vinyl decal like i have. btw funny name

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
did you use primer? i primed it first and it peeled off i was like wtf?
nope i didnt use primer. i just lightly sanded it and sprayed small light coats. im not done with it. right now i just have it all black and im gonna do a blue outline of the chevy bowtie in the middle tho.. im gonna have to use a paint brush on that part and hit it with another gloss coat

·
Registered
610 Posts
mine worked out. something was causing the paint to melt/peal/idk? but i sanded it all down back to the original color and used rustoleum paint. came out nice and flat, not bumps or pealing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.