Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

a possible idea?

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  jnicks510 
#1 · (Edited)
Idea 1:

the steering wheel badge...possible to remove that and paint it or better not attempt it due to airbag?

Idea 2:
Replace the passenger and rear window switches on the driver door panel to auto switches.

#2 ·
just mask it, be careful, and paint it. you dont necessarily have to remove it.

#3 ·
DO NOT MASK IT! WTF are you thinking? Do you want paint all over your interior??

If you really want to paint it while its in the car, use a paint brush..

You could also just take it out completely, and get a custom badge from 24Designs.net, Custom Emblems 24Designs.net

As for making the windows auto, you would need to get some more auto switches and do some fabbing..

#7 ·
i taped mine and put newspaper around my steering wheel and i didnt get any paint on my interior. i'll post pics later tonight.

#8 ·
nvm scratch that because when i took the newspaper off, the paint came off to. apparantly the primer that i used for the bowtie didnt stick. the paint pealed right off. FAIL!

#10 ·
i dont even know how it happened. maybe i should sand the bowtie?! i was so careful taping it and everything too lol.

#12 ·
did you use primer? i primed it first and it peeled off i was like wtf?

#14 ·
where did you get yours? i didnt like the ones on the site that obz gave. and i have a funny name?

#17 ·
mine worked out. something was causing the paint to melt/peal/idk? but i sanded it all down back to the original color and used rustoleum paint. came out nice and flat, not bumps or pealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.