Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I finally bought a victory red 2010 Cobalt SS. Been reading the forums. I think all I want to do is: lose the wing and SS badges, have a Stage 1 kit installed, and change to a TWM shifter. I figure this is a reasonable place to stop for a daily driver. I don't really want to break the bank. There's a point of diminishing returns in all performance projects, and I figure that beyond a GMS1 kit, the cost-per-added-horse jumps dramatically. OK, fill me in on what I'm missing, particularly if I'm missing reliability/safety mods. TIA!

PS--At what point in terms of HP are the tranny/engine mounts necessary? I kinda like how smooth the car cruises right now.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'de leave the body stock (spoiler and badges) Maybe a stock low rise spoiler if you really hated the HR spoiler.
Def get the Stage 1 tune. You are correct and smart about returns of horsepower for money spent.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I keep reading about wheel hop and broken axles.

I plan to get a GMS1 and stop there.

Will I need the stouter mounts?

TIA!

(The wing isn't HR; it's just in the way of the rearview mirror.)

Just dropped the car off to have a passenger window air leak fixed, the chrome grille returned to stock, the chrome gas door returned to stock, and a GMS1 kit added.

Except for adding an extended warranty and a shorty antenna that's in the mail, I'm fairly close to done with changing things.

Or not. I need to lose the dealer pinstripes and I like the fender stripes I see here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.