Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wrecked last week, the highways had been salted, were clear, but I underestimated the ice on a on-ramp, I probably would've been fine, but an SUV had already wrecked on the side of the road and I ran into the back.

I am grateful to walk away of course, my only injury was a burn from the airbag deployment.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the picture doesn't show it, but the frame is bent and the engine is pushed up against the firewall, so I assume they are going to total it. the drivers headlight was in hundreds of peices and that alone would cost them over $300 if a body shop fixes it. Radiator, condenser, intake, and other parts will need to be replaced, the ECU didn't look too good...

We'll see what they say though, I've been car shopping and found a 2010 base that's been really well maintained if they do total it.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I will definitely miss it..but maybe I can find another balt to fill the void..It's not easy finding them on short notice though.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Trust me get an SS you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
glad you're ok, nothing a good wax cant fix!

·
Registered
50 Posts

Man I feel u, I was driving on the freeway got side swiped by an 18-wheeler did a 180° hit a pole & got stuck in a muddy ditch
Didn't get hurt as all damage was on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
frame damage?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
for a 18 wheeler hitting you, could have been worse

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

glad you are ok though

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yea everything on the passenger side is done, it got totalled
The trailer of the 18-wheeler clipped the front end of my car as he was changing lanes
The crazy part is I just dropped my 1 yr old off @ her mom's like 10 mins before it happened

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
That's how it was with my wreck when I had a drunk driveer pull out in front of me at 60~. T-boned him. I had just passed a caravan full of little kids, they stopped to help, but I remember the oldest one couldn't have been more than 5~. Things happen for a reason.

frame damage?
You know...where the frame isn't straight anymore?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to everyone for the support.

Still waiting for insurance to let me know what they are going to pay out on it.

Finding a good cobalt is easier said than done... especially on a budget. However, I'm going to test drive a LT tomorrow that looks pretty promising.Would love to get an SS, but it's just outside of my price range.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Glad you're not hurt, it could've been much worse.

The thing about 18 wheelers is they have poor visibility. I got knocked off the road once by one changing lanes. The guy didn't even realise he hit me, just kept right on going. Poor Janey was a sad mess. Those things can deal some serious hurt on you if you're not careful.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, I think this is it for me! My wife just said yes to me buying a Challenger R/T this time next year when I get back from deployment

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Lucky!!! Is there a reason you don't like the mustang or camaro or is the challenger just your favorite? I only ask because the challenger is the heaviest of the 3. Also the 2015 mustang was made to challenge BMW's in the handling department.

Either one you choose I'm just happy it won't be an import :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Challenger has been my favorite car every since I was young, I understand all the differences between itz the mustang & the camaro but, the Challenger suits me best. & + my brother-in-law has a 2013 Mustang Boss haha

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

I'm definitely not going to down play the Cobalt, even though I'm upgrading if I had the chance I'd get another Cobalt
& I'm sure I'll be getting another import in the future

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.