Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im working on installing the andys auto sport body kit for the 4 door. the back fits ok with some trimming and side skirts fit good. the front however is way off....anyone have this problem? im going to start cutting and modifing it this weekend but i want to see if they is a better idea that someone here has done...seems as if its too wide for the car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
....... (shaking head)...... i hate to hate on someone elses ride, but i do not like that back bumper at all.. its just a no in my book

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Dude you might want to look at the back bumper, Idk if its damaged, but the center piece by the exhaust looks like its damaged? its slants upward, it could be the picture, idk.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first...im not a dude...im a girl...second...yes it does look off. we didnt have the kit fully bolted in. we just did it for a picture

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also...i paid 350 for the whole kit and it was brand new in the package, no shipping...so back bumper my not look the best but my bank account still looks good :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
lol, yay for saving money.
I'm not fond of that general look to begin with, but that aside it does look better than a lot of crap I've seen. I'd like to see it finished, I have a feeling it may grow on me.
So yeah, over all it's not bad. Are you gonna paint it?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah im sorry, i really dont like that bumper at all. I would really consider taking it off, especially if your not going to be running duel exhaust.

·
Registered
455 Posts
well cfoster, i kinda like it. i think once you bolt it on completely it will look pretty good. jsut get a fake muffler tip or something to put in that second hole if your not gonna run dual exhaust.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You know i hate fiberglass kits, damn you!! and then ya con me into helping ya put it on, what the hell what i thinking lol. Its gonna look good when its done. Cant wait for another fun filled day working on this w/ you guys

·
Registered
455 Posts
fake tip? idk, i mean which is ricier? dual exhaust on a 4 cyl or a fake dual exhaust
i'm not saying it wouldnt be ricey. but which would look worse, having nothing there or something? i dont necessarily have anything wrong with a "ricer" look as long as its done right. i'm not talking about a 5 foot tall wing on a primered 97 civic. I mean making it look like a drift car from NFS or something.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
For the sake of this being an awesome forum I shall :embarrest:, but ugh haha. Good luck with the bolt on, I personally would have coughed up the extra $500 for a proper kit :)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
even if it was 350 i dont know if i wouldve chosen that body kit. it just looks too big for the sedan. it doesnt look like the white is color matched well with the trunk but as long as u like it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.