Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard camshafts make your car feel different if done right though.If it really does make your car feel different do you gain hp and torque from switching it to a stage 1 or 2 camshaft?

·
Registered
192 Posts
really all it does is move your powerband, not necessarily gain a lot. you may see some gains, but i wouldnt count on much. if i remember correctly, installing aftermarket cams would move your powerband higher in the rpm range. but dont take my word for it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It depends on what kind of cams you get. Straight up getting cams might no help ur performance out tremendously. Plus we don't really have much of a tuning source right now to account for that difference in air flow.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so its pretty much there to help out with out blowing the motor if you add a turbo or a supercharger right?

·
Registered
284 Posts
ok cams actually widen your power ban... they improve your air flow in and out... the proper set of cams can add some good hp and tq all over the RPM band... they dont show peak hp they level it out and keep your power up higher across the map instead of having a spot of a lot of hp.

cams are a great mod nice way to complete your cars air flow after you have done the other easy stuff like intake exhaust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.