·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i do it?
everyone talks their dose of trash about them
one person says oh get them you'll love them
another person says there good only for looks because the handling is trash
i don't want the pro kit because it will barely lower my car.
people say to get pedders but imo there too expensive and don't drop the car as much as sportlines do
how harsh will my ride be after i get sportlines and install the FE5 suspension? will i even be able to notice. i don't really understand what people mean by harsher ride quality so if someone can explain that'd be great

·
Registered
429 Posts
harsher ride quality means that most likely it would be a stiffer suspention package,but that can sometimes be good for a track but not so much everyday riding because bumps will become more noticalbe/not as much as a comforting ride. but depending on how stiff the Fe5 suspention is u might not even notice the difference

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Ya i'm planning on getting the sportlines in a month when it gets warm and installing them on my stock suspension. But alota ppl on here said cornering and haqndling would be quite better than stock (as expected since the springs are stiffer and center of gravity is lower to the ground). and I really want a good drop but no sag (which sportlines should not have) so anyone else love their sportlines? ps I live in Quebec canada where the roads suck balls :( potholes everywhere

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i mean i hit bumps here and there on stock suspension. some are worse than others. i mean i have hit bumps when i had my 18's on and could tell the difference from the stock rims.
is it worth the investment to get? or should i get different springs? i want a clean drop like sportlines tho.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im reallly thinking about it
i have money on my paypal account so i would only have to pay about 90 bux for them since rest if out of the paypal account

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

also if i do buy these should i wait till i put my 18's back on to install them? or should i put them on when i still have my winter rims on? i heard you need to get an alignment after too

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
oya the alignment lol i forgot bout that....how bad is the driving until you get an alignment? cuz i plan on doing it upnorth then bringing it back (1 hour drive) to the city, then i guess i'll need an alignment once I get back to the city?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Get them! I love mine!!

You will notice the bumps more is what people are saying by harsher ride quality.
But really, its not anything to complain about.
Just like G said get them you won't be disappointed. I have them and I love them. You will notice the bumps more, but you will get use to it. I love how the handling improved when I put them on.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
So basically the lower u go, the rougher the ride gets?? lol
Unless you want to bottom out.

Lowering springs usually run a stiffer spring rate, or a progressive spring rate so that your suspension travel is in line with being lowered.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm on sportlines... It rides just fine. Just like any car... How bumpy and comfortable depends on THE ROAD your driving on.

as far as alignment goes.... It wasn't even necessary. Your car will still aim fairly straight down the road... No problems. So if money is tight don't worry about it, cuz it's not that big a deal unless you live in Hawaii and need to get a reconstruction permit. Needed your alignment paper work to show the recon permit guys before they can actually give you the permit since ui modded the car and dropped it

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

I'm on sportlines... It rides just fine. Just like any car... How bumpy and comfortable depends on THE ROAD your driving on.

as far as alignment goes.... It wasn't even necessary. Your car will still aim fairly straight down the road... No problems. So if money is tight don't worry about it, cuz it's not that big a deal unless you live in Hawaii and need to get a reconstruction permit. Needed your alignment paper work to show the recon permit guys before they can actually give you the permit since ui modded the car and dropped it

·
Registered
821 Posts
call them @ 733-2542 and set up an appointment to get inspected... By appointment only. 30 days before your appointment you need to get an alignment done if you have modded the suspension. When you get your alignment, be sure to tell the guys doing the alignment that you need the printout... Or papers showing you had an alignment done... Hell tell the alignment people the cars lowered and you need the papers for RECON

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Cool..thanks..should be getting my springs either this friday or Monday at the latest..

·
Registered
821 Posts
call them @ 733-2542 and set up an appointment to get inspected... By appointment only. 30 days before your appointment you need to get an alignment done if you have modded the suspension. When you get your alignment, be sure to tell the guys doing the alignment that you need the printout... Or papers showing you had an alignment done... Hell tell the alignment people the cars lowered and you need the papers for RECON

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think im guna order tonight. And than order the shocks and struts in a few weeks. Now should i lower while i still have my stock rims on or when i get my 18s put back on.?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.