Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

About to set this car on fire!!!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  night_throne 
#1 ·
I recently took my 2007 ls in for a fuel pump recall. It got to the point where it would hardly start and I could smell gas bad. I got it fixed and it has been starting fine. Well now, my engine light is on. I took it to get diagnostics ran on it and they said it was the emission control system. They said it's from where my gas cap hasn't been on right and it's been leaking some gas. Well I read in the manual that when that happens you put the cap on right and then after a few trips the light will go off. Well I've taken probably 5 or 6 trips and it's still on. My husband says if takes the battery terminal off and puts it back on it will fix it. Is this a good idea? & also, I went to the drive ins tonight and while I was watching the movie I couldn't hear it very well.. come to find out my front driver's side speaker is not working at all. Is it blown or did the wires just come loose? Please help.. this car is driving me nuts!!!:wacko:

#2 ·
if ur going to go about that method to reset the CEL make sure u turn the headlights on so it drains all the power out of the system now when doing this that car is gonna drive like crap because the computer will have to "relearn" the engine. and on the speakers there is really no way of telling if its blown or bad wiring without being there :(

#3 ·
Have him undo the positive terminal on the battery...just let it sit for like 5 minutes, then plug it back up...and the speaker could be nything, if its blown itd make noise, just really low quality, most likely a short.....and not to be a ****, but you cant expect too much out of a cobalt, they are the cheapest car in the chevrolet lineup other than an aveo...and Engine Lights are a normal occurance with all cars, unaviodable overtime....

#4 ·
Oh, alright. Well I will have him undo the positive one.. Hopefully that helps. My husband hates my car and always says it's cheap so I don't blame ya for saying that lol. It's just one thing after another with this car and I am so fed up. I don't know if I'm brave enough to let my battery drain.. I have done that once on accident and I'm not sure I want my car dead every time I try to go somewhere. When that happened I had to get it jumped at least 3 times because I didn't drive long enough to let it charge back up. Lol. As for my speakers, I was in a wreck and the guy hit my driver door and it had to be taken apart so it's hard to tell if they even wired everything back up right.

#5 ·
your not draining the battery just all the power out of the system with the positive connection pull off the batery it cant pull power from it the loop isnt closed anymore to alow power to flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.