Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys?

Now that I've had by cobalt for a few months, i'm ready to start modding it. Here's my vision: My car is slate metallic, and i want my theme to be dark gray(slate metallic actually) black and small amount of red. I want mostly all black interior, black rims smoked tail lights and headights, and balck and red bowties. Well theres a lot more, but thats a good start lol. Tomorrow i'm getting started with the interior and i have few questions.

What color krylon fusion or whatever paint do you guys use to match the ebony interior vinyl?

I want to paint the small circular grilles red, do they just pop out or do i gotta take the dash off?

What do you guys recomend doing for the door fabric and headliner?

Thanks for your time everyone!
Mike

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
welcome to yc....as for the door fabric and headliner, get that done professionally, i say go with suede

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the ones on top of the dash, im assuming theyre speakers or vents but not sure.

Thanks everybody

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Yes, vents. Sorry, I've never tried to remove mine though, so I don't know if they're held in by anything. I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Modding is addicting... I got my balt a month ago and every day I go out front and see my baby in the morning I start thinking about whats next. Becomes addicting. Best of luck and hope everything turns out great for you...

I think too much color on the interior is just that. Too much. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the replies. what i was planning on doing is taping the slats in the vents and only painting the outer circle, do you think that'd still look bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My first day of modding went pretty well, i painted part of my trim dark gray, which wasn't too drastic of a change but i didn't like the metallic grayish color that it was. I also painted the vents dark gray rather than red, i like the idea of the contrast and i think your right gbalt, the red would stand out too much. I also cut the antenna down and took off the gm logos from the fenders. Tomorrow i want to sand down the pieces i painted and give them another coat, then pull off the remaining trim pieces and paint those dark gray too along with cup holder ring. I'm still not too sure on staring to paint the tan interior panels, i bought rustoleum semi gloss black and i don't know if it will match well enough. I also want to paint the ring around the shifter, but is that removable? i know you can take the auto gear selector's ring off but i have the 5-speed. I think thats it for now, i'll take some pict tomorrow or thursday when i get it all back together.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Modding is addicting... I got my balt a month ago and every day I go out front and see my baby in the morning I start thinking about whats next. Becomes addicting. Best of luck and hope everything turns out great for you...

I think too much color on the interior is just that. Too much. lol
I agree. I only had a 1000 miles on mine when i installed my intake.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
My first day of modding went pretty well, i painted part of my trim dark gray, which wasn't too drastic of a change but i didn't like the metallic grayish color that it was. I also painted the vents dark gray rather than red, i like the idea of the contrast and i think your right gbalt, the red would stand out too much. I also cut the antenna down and took off the gm logos from the fenders. Tomorrow i want to sand down the pieces i painted and give them another coat, then pull off the remaining trim pieces and paint those dark gray too along with cup holder ring. I'm still not too sure on staring to paint the tan interior panels, i bought rustoleum semi gloss black and i don't know if it will match well enough. I also want to paint the ring around the shifter, but is that removable? i know you can take the auto gear selector's ring off but i have the 5-speed. I think thats it for now, i'll take some pict tomorrow or thursday when i get it all back together.
Woot, nice start! I think the trim around the shifter is the same for autos and manuals.. don't quote me though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
put LEDs inside the cupholders..did a DIY for how to do it

·
Registered
199 Posts
paint your front grill black its one of the things you need to do it makes it look so much better than that grayish color that it is when you get it its like they molded the plastic and figured lets not paint it to save costs lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.