Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the 3rd time this has happened. The ABS/T/C and red Brake lights are on. The dealer knows what the problem is I guess. They say one of the rear tires has a bad speed sensor, which is triggering the lights on the dash. The car seems to run normal even with a bad speed sensor, that is until yesterday. I was driving and all of a sudden it read low traction on the little screen, but I was on DRY pavement. The engine cut way down to a low speed and I was almost taken out by a car behind me!! That scared the hell out of me, and it happened each time I started the car and went to go down the road. The ABS/T/C and brake lights do not go on right away, but the low traction flashes on the screen. Then all of a sudden the ABS/T/C brake lights come on and the car drives normal. The situation the car puts me in can be very dangerous, and life threatening. If this happens and the engine cuts out to low power, I could be hit from another driver not expecting this. I could be killed by the malfunction. I think Chevrolet needs to investigate this immediately. I have a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2 door coup. I NEED SOME HELP.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Replace you ECM/BCM fuse in the BCM fuse block. See if it goes away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.