Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Doubt that it would be cost effective; all the sensors, new brake components, and such. I have vehicle with and without ABS and I really cant tell the difference between the them. But then again I do not race light to light or do extreme driving either. My truck does not have ABS and even when pulling a car hauler with car I stop fine, just have to allow for stopping distance and space between vehicles in traffic.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Doubt that it would be cost effective; all the sensors, new brake components, and such. I have vehicle with and without ABS and I really cant tell the difference between the them. But then again I do not race light to light or do extreme driving either. My truck does not have ABS and even when pulling a car hauler with car I stop fine, just have to allow for stopping distance and space between vehicles in traffic.

If you would have needed it you would be thankful. I was in an accident without it and wished I had it. Also snow is a good reason for ABS.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Adding ABS to a non-ABS Cobalt would be a chore...there is a control valve and Electronic Brake Control Module as well -- and this is tied into the ECM (traction Control). If you could find a Cobalt w/ABS in a salvage yard to buy ALL the parts from it could be done...but a LOT of work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks all for the replies. I have never driven a car without abs and when I found out my car didn't have it I was like oh oh! I don't plan on driving like Richard Petty speeding from light to light, but I live in Florida and if you've ever driven around here you'll know that you can never expect anything. These people will do just about anything and give you absolutely no warning. I've had a couple of times in previous cars where I've had to swerve while braking and I wouldn't have been able to perform the manuvers I did without ABS. I would've figured that ALL new cars come standard with ABS, I guess that's what I get for thinking and next time I look for a car I really pay attention to what I'm getting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.