Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 cobalt 2.2. The ac clutch will not engage. the Freon has been charged, I checked the pressure switch with a test light. It has power. The fuse and relay has power. When I jumped the relay and fuse with a jumper wire the ac clutch does engage. Which makes me think it might be the ecm or bcm? Any opinions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 07 cobalt 2.2. The ac clutch will not engage. the Freon has been charged, I checked the pressure switch with a test light. It has power. The fuse and relay has power. When I jumped the relay and fuse with a jumper wire the ac clutch does engage. Which makes me think it might be the ecm or bcm? Any opinions?
Need new compressor clutch

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have seen the bcm cause this. I have also seen problems within the fuse box itself give this same kind of symptom. Yeah, let’s just jump ahead and replace a $200 compressor, right? No, absolutely don’t do that. You sound like you’re on the right track, except for a bad recommendation above.

You’ll want to check for power at the compressor. If no power there, check for power at the fuse box at the fuse and also the relay. No power there, it may be in the fuse box wiring it self. It could also be the head unit in the dash. They are also a know problem. Sometimes they’ll intermittently work, sometimes they just go out completely. It’s a bit harder to test the head unit and switches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen the bcm cause this. I have also seen problems within the fuse box itself give this same kind of symptom. Yeah, let’s just jump ahead and replace a $200 compressor, right? No, absolutely don’t do that. You sound like you’re on the right track, except for a bad recommendation above.

You’ll want to check for power at the compressor. If no power there, check for power at the fuse box at the fuse and also the relay. No power there, it may be in the fuse box wiring it self. It could also be the head unit in the dash. They are also a know problem. Sometimes they’ll intermittently work, sometimes they just go out completely. It’s a bit harder to test the head unit and switches.
I back feed power to the head unit in the driver compartment and there is power there. I also checked for power at the pressure switch, ac clutch relay, and fuse there is power. I replaced the fuse Fox and nothing changed. I ordered a ecm and will try a that. If not on to the bcm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts