Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So, I experienced something really different today. Discovered my A/C drain could be clogged. After having the A/C for the majority of the day, I saw a little wet spot on the passenger floor. Decided to check it out because I have never seen this on any other cars of mine. Could not find where it was coming from so I called my local Chevy dealership and they informed me it was from a drain for the A/C that could be clogged. My question to you is whether this is something serious or common. The good news is my Cobalt is still under the bumper-bumper warranty so no charge for anything to get fixed.. Got to love those warranties...

·
Registered
142 Posts
mines doing this too but ALOT... small some times and soaks the floor others... any idea on how i can fix this

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If my memory serves me right there were some Cobalts with an incorrectly installed gasket in the AC box...have you asked the dealer to look into this? The drain is on the firewall in the engine compartment -- it is a square plastic tube that comes out straight -- I could never understand why it wasn't angled down to help keep it from holding dirt/dust. From the #2 coil pack look straight back until you hit the firewall then straight down the firewall about half way down is where you'll find the AC drain.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No its not coming from the firewall its spitting out of a black piece on the left side of the passanger floor above the floor vent it actually spits it out haha

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey i got a question guys i have a 06 cobalt and i use it for deliverys in wichita, ks and well when i run the a/c while driving the a/c is cold but if i slow down or come to a stop i get warm air and a minute and then it will starting getting cold again. any suggestions

·
Registered
142 Posts
ok so i tried the hanger in the ac drain didn't feel anything or get anything to come out.... looked inside at the AC unit/ firewall... the leak seems to be coming from up against the fire wall... but its also somehow creating a nice big puddle in the middle of my floor mat... WTF!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drain Clog=Fixed

So, went to the dealership and had them look at the drain. It was clogged. Not horrible but bad enough that when they pulled the gunk out of the line, water starting coming out. They informed me that this is common in areas with high humidity or if you get a lot grass and dust built up in that drain. Real easy fix, I watched them do it. They found the hose, took a piece of wire and ran it up inside the line, pulled it out along with some gunk, and afterward blew it out with a air compressor to make sure it was clear. Simple fix, if that is whats causing the leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.