Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a drainage problem on my 2006 Cobalt LT. The AC drain seems to be partially/intermittently clogged. I have attempted to clear the tube coming through the firewall, and it seems to have made the problem worse. It started as just a few drops of water on the passenger front floor. Up under the dashboard, behind the center console area. Now, I have found, on 2 occasions, almost 2 inches of water on the floor. As I said, I took the dashboard out, and only found that the entire HVAC system is held together with plastic rivets. Please advise before I need a scuba suit to drive.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Okay, you need to unclog the drain hole, by either pushing a pipe cleaner in there or by blowing compressed air in. The latter seems to be temporary. You may also want to try vacuuming the low spot from inside the HVAC housing through the cabin air filter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you resolve your issue? I know there is a tsb for for a leak where the evaporator and the heater core come together in the HVAC module. The fix is to break or separate the plastic housing where the heater core and evap come together and to install some sort of rubber gasket that GM released.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.