Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a drain tube besides the drain on the firewall that i can try to unclog? Ive tried a thousand times to unclog it but its not working. And why do the cobalts have a double barrel drain from the firewall? There's actually two sides to the drain and I can get in the right side (drivers side) but cant get anything on the left side.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The evaporator drain tube is located on the right side of the firewall, or passenger side. If it’s got debris in it, it will likely have to be cleared from the inside. You will need to remove the dashboard and hvac box and open it up. Unless you can get a super strong vacuum to suck it through, but it doubt it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The ac drain spout has two “openings”. It’s designed this way to help prevent larger items getting stuck on the ac drain tube. Just stake a garden hose and flush it out, that’s what I did with mine many times.
If you try that but still have a leak then you may need to reseal the ac drain tube where it comes out of the firewall. The foam insulation GM used dries out after some time and will allow water to seep back into the cabin. GM has a TSB on the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ac drain spout has two “openings”. It’s designed this way to help prevent larger items getting stuck on the ac drain tube. Just stake a garden hose and flush it out, that’s what I did with mine many times.
If you try that but still have a leak then you may need to reseal the ac drain tube where it comes out of the firewall. The foam insulation GM used dries out after some time and will allow water to seep back into the cabin. GM has a TSB on the issue.
You mean i can flysh water into my my drain tube and it wint ruin my system?

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can flush it with water using short bursts of water with the garden hose, and then letting it drain out. Too much water and you will fill up the evaporator core and it will start spilling out under the dash, so use just short bursts of water.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use the air compressor and I The red pistol grip attachment with a skinny pipe on the end from Harbor freight for about five or seven dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts