Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Ls cobalt. Base down everything

Just last night I was running the AC on 3 for about a 45 minute drive.
About 30 minutes in it sounded like someone was just pouring a bottle of water out onto my floor board. It was really bad when i would turn I felt the mat and the carpet and it was damp.

I turned off the AC and just rolled windows. (this all happening at night)
I got up the next morning went out to get in it and I had 2 inches of water in my floor board. What the hell happened there???? Water + carpet + 100+ degrees = terrible smell. I want to get this fixed ASAP

·
Registered
177 Posts
We just had a claim come in that said the drain for the condenser got clogged by a collapsed cabin air filter check that. The claim came from a dealership so I don't know if they were just trying to blame the filter or it was the problem but I would start there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my filter was completely F#cked. IF it is out can I run air?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The claim we got said that the cabin air filter failing caused dirt and other things to clog the drain for the air conditioner and that caused the problem with the water.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is the exact thing that happened to me i had a puddle of water in my floor the next morning and it was soaking my buddys feet whenever i would run it i have a cup to catch the water now though now everytime i get in my car it smells like sweaty gym socks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.