Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to figure out why I can get proper airflow through the defroster vents and the feet vents, but nothing from the front vents. Note: On the dial, front vents (the ones not putting out air) is to the left, feet in the top middle, and defroster to the right).

After a bit of reading online, I looked behind the dashbaord/control panel and could see a white "wheel" that moves up and down as I turn the vent dial. I have uploaded a video showing this. To me, not ever having seen how it "supposed to" look, it seems the white wheel gets a little bit stuck when turning the dial to front vents. Air continues to flow out of the feet vents as it seems the wheel cannot shift over to front vents all the way.

Please see the video here: https://youtu.be/nYct0jOJQ8s

This is on a 2007 Cobalt. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know the name of this piece?

Thanks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Cant say what cheby calls them, however, that is part of the HvAC register cam assembly,
You will find 2 diverter valve motors there. Verify both of the motors are working.

Easy enough to remove the motors....2 screws & 1 electrical connector
Check the shaft on the lower motor..... I have a nasty feeling you might have a broken shaft there.

@Coby7

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant say what cheby calls them, however, that is part of the HvAC register cam assembly,
You will find 2 diverter valve motors there. Verify both of the motors are working.

Easy enough to remove the motors....2 screws & 1 electrical connector
Check the shaft on the lower motor..... I have a nasty feeling you might have a broken shaft there.

@Coby7
Thank you.
So today after driving for about 20 minutes I could hear it struggling and finally rotating all the way to give me air out of the front vents. Its as if something is gummed up and making it stick, only to release after awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.