Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went twice this summer to charge my AC paid almost $200, it holds for about 2 weeks and needs recharge again. Does anybody know where it leaks most often and can it be fixed without going to mechanich shop?

Also does those recharge kits that contain "sealer" help with this or its just marketing?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just marketing. What puzzles me is why didn't the shops you took it too do a leak and vacuum test before recharging??? The most common failure is the "O" rings in the refrigerant lines, they get old and crack. 99% of the time both lines need to be replaced, torqued to spec and leak tested. By law in Canada at least the A/C system has to be drained and leak test before recharge. Don't know about USA standards though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know part number for these rings?

This shop is total rip-off, they charged me $89 for recharge and told me free refill if needed. I went back in about 4 weeks and they charged me $69, he could not remember me.... last time he charged me $450 for brakes and installed cheap ones...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sounds like it's time to find a different shop, find a reputable shop and take it there. Ac isn't exactly something you can easily diy without spending a lot of money in equipment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.