Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
you suck!

Ok seriously though, you have a tough color to work with. Obviously with the black interior you can theoretically do any color for the accents and lighting but if you bring the granite color inside to the trims that really creates an issue matching up any lighting you might do. I'm not sure green would look so hot with that color of trim but I don't know. I've never seen it done so who knows.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about a mix of black, orange and your blue granite color. i think that would look cool. im sure of a design or anything but im just putting those colors out there

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really think green lighitng + glue granite will look prety cool, more because blue-granite is more granite-grey, but like you said, bringing the exterior color inside makes it tough, hence this thread :)

sorry bryce, but i dont thinkg orange + blue-granite would look good at all lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
honestly, id just go with blue lighting. and make your trim the blue granite...and stick with JUST blue granite and black inside

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but i want to be different, i/you see a lot of red and blue interior lights IMO :(

guess im gonna KISS (keep it simple stupid)...just black the interior, blue granite trim and green lights...

and in case you forgot what blue-granite looks like...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Trust me you are very different... jp. I think that'll good good. I haven't seen that many green lighted cars but the ones I have look really good.

·
Registered
463 Posts
well in my opinion the accent color is the silver. if you color match witht he granite with black interior it will just fade into the background. if you go with a lighter silver that would look great. JMO. it just weird that they did a black interior. but don't go too dark cause then it's not an accent. if you went with an all tan interior i would go with the color match.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had green leds and trim in my last car. the ion sedan. WHOO HOO! it was pretty cool though. i loved it. i shoulda did green again in my cobalt. crapp....now my brain has began to think....damn it!!!!!

well i dont have a pic of my underdash lighting....but here are some trim pics

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I also have the Granite blue and have begun to stock up on the HOUSE OF KOLOR metalic silver... That way I can keep the trim peices in the car silver that are there from the factory. I'm fixin to paint the engine plastic peices and my door panels before the end of feb. I was thinkin a two toned silver and the Granite would also look nice on the exterior of the car. I have blue leds all in the floorboard of the car also. I was incorporating the blue leds under the hood also. And I have them wired for my trunk already.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^see ppl, blue, me no want blue like others, me was different, me want green :D

in not really a fan of silver paint unless its on someone els's car :D

i was just thinking....couldnt i make the blue-granite a bit brighter inside by using a white primer? versus grey.

the great thing about paint is that it can be re-done

·
Registered
80 Posts
M4, you could do the blue-granite on the trim, then do the same color but fade it down to a color of your choice. Just dont go to wild with the transition, like blue-granite to neon orange, that would just not look right.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey the green lighting should be fine man, that was the first thing I thought of. It seems more like you got your ideas lined out already. Deffinately bring the BG colors inside a bit. Perhaps maybe a fade from black up the sides and end it with the blue granite on the overhead...? leaving blue granite/green/silver trim options... it's up to you though!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.