Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in Put-in-Bay Ohio, kinda by Cedar point, and some drunk person hit my car. sooooooooooooooo pissed, front passenger side quarter panel and i can't open my passenger side door. so my whole weekend vacation was ruined and my gf had to climb over the middle everytime to get in the car. 200 dollar deductible and most likely my insurance will go up. THANKS OHIO!

any opinions on the cost, i think the door hinge might be broken too. tmrws my estimate...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
damn man that sucks...seems like you've had bad luck with the balts. I hope it works out and you get some good luck soon! did your gf make you feel better at least? :p

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Hey hey, its not Ohio. lol a fender for these cars is like $80 you should have $200 or $300 tops.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
That's shitty.

At least you can still drive it...

But **** drunk drivers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the thing is i have to go thru insurance and everything because my dumbass dad suggested i get a police report. it was in a lot owned by the ferry company but after the police report was done the cop told me they are somehow not responsible for the cars. but i think it might be decently expensive cuz of the door hinge

and yes my gf made me feel better lol

i literally have the worst luck, with the 2 balts ive had there were 4 different minor/moderate hit and runs and of course my last one was totalled making that the 5th accident. i was backed into on both bumpers, which i painted decently and fixed myself. on my last one i had a melon size dent in my door which was pushed out and now drunk ppl backing into my car going about 175mph in a parking lot lol

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Be glad it's not worse:

Hinge is probably fine - the fender being bashed in most likely just doesn't allow clearance to open the door.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
yea the thing is i have to go thru insurance and everything because my dumbass dad suggested i get a police report.
Why are you required to go through an insurance company.... just because a police accident report was made?

I'm thinking your "dumbass dad" suggested you get a police report in the (very) likelyhood that the original facts and statements are forgotten when the other guy denies fault and possibly even any involvement, leaving you to be 100% responsible and possibly sued by the other guy,, for HIS damage. Happens regularly everyday.
Seems he is not the dumbass in the family... actually very smart to protect his interest and his inexperienced son.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was a hit and run......

read first, then talk shit if needed.

the guy was never found, the quarter panel itself OEM is like 300 dollars plus painting, not even close to the 922 dollars it cost when 60% was labor. and now my insurance will go up. plus a 200 dollar deductible

when there is a police report, the insurance company IN ALL CASES knows about it as soon as its filed, no matter what the incident.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

and im not some young kid that his first car was payed for by his parents, im 20 and have payed off my car a year after having it and i pay for my own insurance and everything else. its on his insurance only because it costs me around 2500 less, thats the only reason y he has leverage

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would have rather paid the 500 dollars and not the higher insurance premium coming my way probably.

and he did nick the GM symbol, almost fell off, BUT WAS STILL STANDING!! even tho i later ripped it off as a memento

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

and yea i did get really lucky where it hit, there is a small scratch on the rim but nothing really and if it hit the door it would have been alot worse. another inch and it would have been hit. i was 3.5 hours from home and if it hit the wheel hard enough idk how i would have gotten home

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.