Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast are they? A guy I know at work drives one(domino's)and he's always going on about how much horsepower it has, how fast it is, and how he beats mustangs with it. It has an injen cai and a cat-back. Are they really that special? I'm not asking this to race him, even though he was hatin on my cobalt once :/ just wondering if hes dilusional about his car or if it really is fast

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
They come from the factory with a little over 200+ hp...thats about it.
I raced my buddy that has one. I stuck right with him. I had to slow done tho because of my shitty good years when I had them on.
:)

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
2.4 balts do NOT beat them. and it'd have to be a full bolt and tune 2.4 against a stock rsx-s.

bolt and tune type s' can destroy a s/c balt. sometimes even stage 2.

they have no chance against a turbo ss for sure, but the s/c cars have trouble with em.

it will eat a 2.2 alive unless its boosted.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
2.4 balts do NOT beat them. and it'd have to be a full bolt and tune 2.4 against a stock rsx-s.

bolt and tune type s' can destroy a s/c balt. sometimes even stage 2.

they have no chance against a turbo ss for sure, but the s/c cars have trouble with em.

it will eat a 2.2 alive unless its boosted.
ive seen a 2.4 w/ an intake n exhaust beat a type-s,,,was from a 30 roll,,,like i said, only won by a bumper

·
Say What again!
6,014 Posts
All about driver mod.

Their lack of torque isn't helpful to them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
VEEETECCCCCC!!!! hah i like their reserved jdm look but other than that it is not a good car in my book. for some reason the kbb is super high even for high mileage ones, and on top of that if you even want to make it worth while it costs alot to boost it and get a reliable tune. i give props for making 200hp out of a 2 point SLOW block but the torque is embarassing even to a former LS owner!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
It's a decently fast car stock but definately no ss. Boosted, it rapes lol

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
u guys are nuts. a bolt and tune type s can take a stg 2 ss/sc lol...

theyre 200 hp cars.. they will pull u from mid-top.. who cares if u have tq off the line.. they can run 13s NA.. how many 2.4s have run a 13 NA????

if u beat one u got lucky..or he sucks at driving. but dont think u can beat them all

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Do you know what year it is? From 02-06 there was an upgrade I beleive from 02-04 or 05 it was 170-175 WHP and 06 I think 180-185. But I know an 06 with just over 7500 miles on a SAE corrected Dynojet made 178 peak wheel hp, why because our shop built one and that was the baseline number.

After Installing a Hondata K-Pro, PRC Intake manifold with Hondata Gaskets, ITR cams, Injen CAI, Jackson Racing Race Header w/test pipe and a greddy Greddy SP2 exhaust it made

SAE 143.6 ft-lbs and 203.4 peak whp on a Dynojet. these were the best numbers after 4 pulls

It also depends on the dyno if your talking Hp and Tq numbers, A Dynopacks would probally say about 215 whp and 150 ft pds tq using the same pull.

I drove it and it was quick thru 2nd and 3rd, pulled the hardest thru third. It was a fun car to drive, No race car by any means, my ex wifes GTP Grand Prix was faster.

I woudl say of course that car would kill a 2.2, Not sure about a 2.4 becuase I have never driven one, I have driven many times a stock 04 Ion redline and i would say just from my memory they were close, I know the stock ion redline has more pull thru first and second but I think the modified type S would catch and kill it in third. I see the modded RXS type S having nothing on a TC SS but then again I have never driven one.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
VEEETECCCCCC!!!! hah i like their reserved jdm look but other than that it is not a good car in my book. for some reason the kbb is super high even for high mileage ones, and on top of that if you even want to make it worth while it costs alot to boost it and get a reliable tune. i give props for making 200hp out of a 2 point SLOW block but the torque is embarassing even to a former LS owner!
Fail Post!

The k20 is a insane platform to mod and makes easy, cheap power with boost. there's a reason the kbb is high, theyre good cars lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.