Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you all! Haven't been on here in a while but need some help now.

I am trying to finish my install of amp and subs. Only thing I need to do now is plug the output cords into the headunit. But with this creates a problem. There is no spot for the cords to plug into on the stock headunit. Is there anything that I can buy to adapt it to work or no?

The amp I am using is just a plain simple Insignia NS-A1200 (Will be updating it at a later time with a better one) Car is 2006 LS 2-door.

Thank you for all your help!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help?!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
There is a way, I just don't have any experience with it. we used to have a how-to before the forum crash..

Free bump and i'll search around.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Daman. I appreciate it if anyone can find a way to solve tis problem

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
you have to go to your local audio shop, and purchase a little box that converts the high frequency that the rear speakers get, to low frequency the amp uses, they arent that expensive, and all you do is splive it into the rear speakers, and you can plug your amp into it(For use with the factory head unit!)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know the name of it? And will it plug into the RCA Cables?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's called a line out converter. You will have to connect the wires to your rear speakers and then plug in the rca's. Then your amp will work with your stock H/U

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!
Also, is the sound quality good with it or is it distorted?

·
Registered
317 Posts
im trying to do the same thing
but if you use the converter doesnt it sound bad?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which converter should I purchace?

·
Registered
65 Posts
this is what i had before i put a head unit in its not to bad .my converter had a tunner on it so if you tune it right it will sound good .the only difference i had when i switched heads out was the volume and it hit alot harder .but stock isnt horrible at least mine wasnt but i would say go get a head unit to put in if you want real hard hits

·
Registered
450 Posts
i'm running this exact system right now and about to upgrade but my buddy installed it for me. unfortunately he passed away this last christmas eve so i'll take a look at mine and see if i can walk you through it. i'll try to get some pics. it sounds amazing for just a 300 watt jensen and a 10 in sony xplod pentagon. i'm gonna up it to a 1200 watt kicker and a 10 in solo baric.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have mine all set up now. Just have to run the remote wire to amp

·
Registered
450 Posts
cool how's the sound?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds pretty good, Will sound better if i got a new headunit but its pretty great

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ha my lights dont dim. Even though i have a 1200 watt amp and the subs equal 1300 watts haha!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got two 12" type R alpine subs and a 1000w alpine amp. They are power hungry!! lol I think I am going to put in a yellow top batt soon to help out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing, please let me know if it works correctly and sounds decent. I actually want to replace the door and rear speakers and amp them without switching my head unit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
While I was hooking up my amp I had replaced door speakers with Pioneer's and it sounds amazing now! Both the subs and front door speakers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.