Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about adding heated seats to my front seats, by getting some from the auto shop and taking them apart just to get the heating element and the wires.. Has anyone done this on their LS/LT (non-leather) seats? I just dont want to go out and buy SS seats with heaters in them, since I dont have the money for it. and there are other stuff I would like to have/do to the car first...

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Personally, with as fast as our cars heat up really do not see the need for heated seats.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It doesn't matter how fast they heat up, heated seats are the bomb so I am interested in this as well. I have seen online somewhere there is a heated seat kit with everything you need for $100

·
Registered
674 Posts
This would be totally sweet, especially for us southerners who hate the cold and it looks like it is going to be a cold long winter. We're expecting low forties for Saturday morning in Orlando, so that means upper thirties here in Leesburg... I wish I had heated seats. Does this work on cloth seats too?

·
Registered
840 Posts
This would be totally sweet, especially for us southerners who hate the cold and it looks like it is going to be a cold long winter. We're expecting low forties for Saturday morning in Orlando, so that means upper thirties here in Leesburg... I wish I had heated seats. Does this work on cloth seats too?
Florida? ur cold in florida? lmao im in Wisconsin. ive been scraping ice off my car in the morning all week!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Florida? ur cold in florida? lmao im in Wisconsin. ive been scraping ice off my car in the morning all week!
look, when you are used to 95* and 100% humidity all summer, then BAM, you get a very early strong cold front and its going to dip into the forties, and no humidity, its damn cold for us floridians

·
Registered
840 Posts
lol i guess.it seemed nice out yesterday when the high was 50. lol
up here we deal a lot with this thing called snow. most days i wish i had a porsche or lexus or audi or somethin like that where i could get a heated steering wheel. :D

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
HAH to all of you...come live in Canada for a month or two....damn complainers :p

the snowboarding is great up here though :D can't wait to go this season. will be BEAST!

OP what's goin on with this topic, gonna get a kit or what?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
People up north, I fell for you when it gets cold. Lived in the middle of Kansas for 4 years and drove a soft top Jeep. Man was that vehicle cold, but I reallly love hearing about people inthe south saying its cold when it gets below 50 degrees F. I am in Lower Alabama and still wearing shorts and t-shirts while all the locals are breaking out their heavy coats and such.

·
Registered
674 Posts
you are used to the cold, try living down here all your life. its just like hearing all you yanks come down here in the summer b****in about how hot and humid it is and you need to sit in the shade every two minutes or find some AC. I like it hot. Just think of it this way, the hotter it is, the tinier the bikinis are on the girls...

·
Registered
840 Posts
you are used to the cold, try living down here all your life. its just like hearing all you yanks come down here in the summer b****in about how hot and humid it is and you need to sit in the shade every two minutes or find some AC. I like it hot. Just think of it this way, the hotter it is, the tinier the bikinis are on the girls...
lol thats awesome. just wanted to let ya know it was snowing on my way to school this morning.

And to Bboy... we're practically neighbors. lol wisconsin is on the border dont ya know! lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found a product (at Canadian Tire) called Heatech - Heating Car Seat Cushion. It is awesome. It uses a new Infrared heating technology pad. I installed by wiring it directly to the cig lighter by the ebrake as it comes with a plug and I hate all the nasty plugs. I mounted the switch, which has a high and low setting, just to the left of the cig lighter. I then covered both front seats with two tone faux leather seat covers. The seat pad has no wires inside and no massage motors to dig into your back - it uses a new heating pad technology. On low it gets really warm. It cost me $34.95 CDN and was well worth the $$$

Google it :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha that's the exact one I was looking at.. Anyone installed this under their actual seat fabric? Because I'm not a fan of seat covers lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.