Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know if any of you folks think this colored adhesive wrap kit would be worth trying out? I've been wanting the interior trim to match the exterior color (cobalt blue) for a while, but was very uneasy about trying to paint the trim myself. This concept of "peel and stick" is less daunting to me and I'd be more willing to DIY this. Any pros or cons to this kind of stuff?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't really say much for this product as I've never bothered with this type of stuff, but it sounds simple enough and it says you can remove the wrap whenever you'd like. Reminds me a lot of Plasti Dip... which I'd recommend looking into as well.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Vinyl wraps are fine. There is a certain technique to it though. I would suggest searching youtube for a few how-tos. Also if you don't want to or don't know how to paint plasti-dip is not for you either.

PRO-TIP - you can find 3m vinyl wrap cheaper on ebay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the wrap before on the trim on top of where the glove box i found it didn't match I just ended up painting my trim red found that to look better and easier to apply

·
Registered
922 Posts
Painting the trim is really easy. If you decide you want to paint it PM me I'll give you some pointers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used a carbon fiber wrap for my interior. make sure you use a heat gun to melt the wrap and cut relief slits or you'll have a bubbly disaster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.