Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving down the highway and I ran over a rock that hit somewhere between the two front wheels. It hit so hard that the car made a huge thunking noise and started smoking. I immediately pulled over and stopped. When I pulled over the car was leaking massive amounts of transmission fluid. It had left a streak of transmission fluid up the road. I couldn't see much except there was a scrape on something. The best case scenario would be I damaged the cover. I drive a 2007 cobalt that just passed a clean inspection a month ago. The car has 40000 clicks and has an automatic transmission. I havn't started the car since in fear of further damaging the transmission. I have taken pictures and will put them up once I figure out how. Any advice on what happened? I wish I knew more about cars and I can't find a diagram of the bottom view of the car anywhere. Help would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah, you blew the pan, just get a new one and refill with proper Transmission fluid type.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Dexron VI will do

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe this is the part number for the automatic 103013.
And you can get it for cheap at RockAuto.com
If I am remembering correctly there are 12 bolts holding on the pan.
And if you are going to do it yourself you may as well replace the transmission fluid filter while you are at it.
Here is a great video on how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14jSdg6c-Xs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.