Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have heard that it is a pain to install a cold air intake on a 2.2 setup. You have to remove the bumper? That sounds like ****. Have one on order, thinking about doing install DIY, the easy way. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
384 Posts
u dont have to remve the bumper. you just need to take out your passenger headlight. its the easiest bolt on of them all. just take your time and read the directions. I did mine in about 30 mins with basic hand tools

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I have heard that it is a pain to install a cold air intake on a 2.2 setup. You have to remove the bumper? That sounds like ****. Have one on order, thinking about doing install DIY, the easy way. Any suggestions?

yeah, you have to remove the passenger side front grill. Well, you don't really have to but it makes things easier. I just installed mine(I have a 05 LS coupe) a couple days ago.

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow i've had mine basically since i've owned my car and all i did was take the inner fender plastic half way off on the passenger side. never been easier pop out a few plastic snap rivets and take off a few front screws.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I thought it was pretty easy to do it that way. but i'm a little skitish when it comes to taking out the headlights.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Well i believe the easiest way to install a full CAI would either be. 1)remove the passenger side headlight(mine doesn't like to come out) or 2) remove the inner fender well on the passenger side. All that would be a few screws(can't remember the size) and a few pull rivets. That way you have access to install the lower Intake mount. I used option 2 when i took out the stock resonator.

In the case of Injen vrs K&N there are a few differences. The K&N is only a short ram intake. The Injen can be converted to either a short ram or a full CAI. they both have there advantages. Some like the short because you run less of a risk of sucking up water during heavy rains or driving through puddles. But with the full CAI you can purchase what is call a hydroshield to fit over the filter on the Injen that lessons the chance of water being sucked up the intake.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am looking for a low cost but good cold air intake for a '06 LS sedan. Can someone let me know where to check.

·
Banned
292 Posts
if you want low budget make your own...

if not its going to run you near 200 or a lil over, i got my injen intake from ttr for like 225 then had them powdercoat it red so it was like a lil over 250.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.