Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like the honest opinion of YC.com. I would love to boost my 2.2 but my inferior knowledge of car engines, and upgrading performance has withheld me from that, aside from the cost also. In my opinion if feel that its pointless to boost my balt because ill just be making a slow car faster but still slow. So i've been focusing on aesthetics interior and exterior and if i were to ever boost it id would be far down the line. Im still very indecisive and would like the opinion of YC.com

-Thanks in advance

P.S: Im auto -__-

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey, I'm auto too, as is my best friend, (im an 09, he's an 06 both 2lt coupes), he goes for performance cuz he knows more about it, i do audio and visual cuz i know that stuff, but to be honest, we both like eachother's cars alot. the point is, u gotta try and mix it up, do some and some, and IMO it'll work best for you

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
honestly it all depends what you want to do with your balt.. i know the money that i would spend on performance to upgrade and boost my 2.2 wouldnt be worth it because i could still get smoked by a stock ss/sc or tc (id rather just go out and buy an ss and upgrade that)..

i figure if i cant get as fast as i would like i might as well look good going as fast as i drive in my LT...

i choose asthetics for my balt.. performance will come with a more performance oriented car that i will own someday in the future, not my wimpy little 2.2 4 banger (as sad as that is to say for me lol)

not dissing anyone who is boosting their LS/LT but i think money would be better spent saving for a more performance based car with more potential and go from there

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I love my boosted auto.

I mainly stick to performance, but I keep appearance in mind. I won't do things that'll look like shit, and if there are little things to do, I'll do them, but I like to maintain a mostly stock appearance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a boosted balt isn't fast by ferrari means but it sure isn't slow
But it wont compete with SS balts, and there are soooo many faster cars
honestly it all depends what you want to do with your balt.. i know the money that i would spend on performance to upgrade and boost my 2.2 wouldnt be worth it because i could still get smoked by a stock ss/sc or tc (id rather just go out and buy an ss and upgrade that)..

i figure if i cant get as fast as i would like i might as well look good going as fast as i drive in my LT...

i choose asthetics for my balt.. performance will come with a more performance oriented car that i will own someday in the future, not my wimpy little 2.2 4 banger (as sad as that is to say for me lol)

not dissing anyone who is boosting their LS/LT but i think money would be better spent saving for a more performance based car with more potential and go from there
Its seems as if we have the same take on our balts lol

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
A stock SS/SC beating a boosted 2.2?

I don't think so. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Do what you want to do with your car. Just remember, any money put into the car more than likely will not be recovered during disposal, either by sale or insurance settlement.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i feel exactly the same way yall do, i would like to have performance but not gonna do it to my lt lol, ill get a performance car next prolly though in about 5 years lol
til then ill try to make this one look nice

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
This is a real hard one, and as you can see the community is divided fairly evenly between performance and aesthetics. To me that main thing is to make the car yours!
I got my cobalt last febuary and didn't give 2 shits about modding cars (appearance OR performance), but after driving around town and seeing like a million other LS or LT sedans driving around (ok so millions is a bit of a stretch but I shit you not my friend, they are EVERYWHERE here lol) I had to do something to make my car stand apart from all of the rest. Mostly I went with aesthetics and even the performance upgrades I've done are to improve the aesthetics of my car (drop, intake, exhaust) and I think I've done an all right job of it.

But then take my cousin. He is HUGE into cars. He says he doesn't give a crap what his car looks like, in fact he usually gives them all a flat black paint job with some spray paint. But he puts a LOT of money and time into improving the performance of his cars to the point where you can't help BUT notice them. The point is if you got the performance you don't NEED the aesthetics to get noticed (thats his point at least)

So the moral of the story is: To each his own. Have fun, man! Let us know what you decide!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.