Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i debadged and now i have soet of an outline whrer the letters used to be. i'm hoping that this will just buff out....just wondering what products others have used to do the job....will clay barring it do the job??? thanks in advance

·
Registered
610 Posts
just use the bug and tar remover that you used to detrim it. make sure you wipe vertically.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
ok so i debadged and now i have soet of an outline whrer the letters used to be. i'm hoping that this will just buff out....just wondering what products others have used to do the job....will clay barring it do the job??? thanks in advance
try the bug & tar remover and goo gone. Then clay bar. that should take care of it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet so i got the meguiar's clay bar and actually did my whole car. came off clean. i'll have pics up soon. thanks for the help all...i was afraid to do the gm logos if i couldn't get this to go away. now i'm gonna take those off as well.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
clay bar and some wax, and youll be fine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
sweet so i got the meguiar's clay bar and actually did my whole car. came off clean. i'll have pics up soon. thanks for the help all...i was afraid to do the gm logos if i couldn't get this to go away. now i'm gonna take those off as well.
idk if its because i have an 08 but the gm logos are in there reallly tight. i broke the fishing line twice trying to get those off.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Heat them up and use a credit card
Yeah justput a blow drier to them, or let em back inthe sun. IDN about the credit card though, i would stick to the fishing line.

When i did my side molding, i let them bake in the sun on like a 100 degree day. they almost fell off. I got the fishing line under there and pulled from one end to the other no problem, in all of 3 seconds. Heating it up really really helps.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so i'm a little pissed off now. the rear debadge went beautifully so i went on to the gm logos and it looks like the clear was shot after the badges were put on. i know thats probably not the case but the logos were probably put on too early not giving the clear enough time to dry... then as i was taking off the tape with goo gone my clear actually chipped and started to come off. this isn't the first time. the other quarter panel has an area that the clear has been trying to come off for a few weeks now. i don't know what to do... i guess i'm gonna have to take them both off sand them down and reshoot the clear. has anyone done this or have any tips for dong this? i'm pretty sure that if i use a fine enough sandpaper i can just take off enough clear to fix the prblem without getting into the base coat. any help would be great and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
610 Posts
ok so i'm a little pissed off now. the rear debadge went beautifully so i went on to the gm logos and it looks like the clear was shot after the badges were put on. i know thats probably not the case but the logos were probably put on too early not giving the clear enough time to dry... then as i was taking off the tape with goo gone my clear actually chipped and started to come off. this isn't the first time. the other quarter panel has an area that the clear has been trying to come off for a few weeks now. i don't know what to do... i guess i'm gonna have to take them both off sand them down and reshoot the clear. has anyone done this or have any tips for dong this? i'm pretty sure that if i use a fine enough sandpaper i can just take off enough clear to fix the prblem without getting into the base coat. any help would be great and thanks in advance.
:amazed: this makes me want to keep my GM logos. i dont think i want to take the chance with this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Balt is an 07 and I was able to completly debadge and detrim all of it in under an hour without any issues with the clearcoat or any actual sun fading issues on the paint.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah my trunk debadge came out perfect without sun fading or anything...i'm looking into getting both of my quarters fixed and recleared here really soon...

·
Registered
610 Posts
i took my gm logos off yesterday and it came out perfect. im still debating on whether or not to debadge the bowtie and LT on my trunk yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i did my cobalt lettering yesterday. does it look better without the gm squares in the front

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes it looks better but just be careful... imo it looks much cleaner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.