Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to buy a wire harness for the aftermarket head unit?,I know they have the expensive version and they have the cheap version, I prefer not to buy either do I need them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
What year is your car? If its a 2005 or 2006 I would just get the basic cheap harness because the chimes come from the gauge cluster versus the newer cobalts that have them come out from the stereo. I wish I knew this before I bought that expensive harness but it worked out better because I have radio controls that made working with both harnesses a breeze. (kinda)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry, but my philosophy is "you get what you pay for" so...chince-out on audio/elec. & it might come back to haunt you. I believe the wiring kit for my daughter's car, with in-dash info center, was still only $70...your ca$h/your call.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up buhing the cheap $20 harness with my 2007 Ls. I'll chance it. I've owned the car with swollen vocal coils in the front door speakers anyway. I can live without the chimes. I also bought new speakers too!, haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.