Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I already have an aftermarket radio I plan on putting in (Alpine CDA-9885)but I was contemplating saving up and buying one of those motorized flip-up screens and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with these kinds of radios and if so, are they worth the money?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I have known many people that bought those kind and after about 12-16 months were replacing them for a fixed face. Motors kept breaking and locking in one positionor another. My brother in law used to work at Best buy and he said to stay away from those kind.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Flip-up

Hmmm...originally I was going to do a flip-up with my carputer/dvd - now I'm having second thoughts. The motorized problems give me nightmares for the future. Especially living in michigan where the weather is all over the place.

May be changing my mind soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i would just get an in-dash one ive got a friend who works at a car shops he said they repair the motors all the time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a flip out dvd player and I love it. I do plan on getting another in dash one that is not flip out, but it is not because I am having problems with mine.

Here is what mine looks like.

·
Registered
148 Posts
iv got a double din. so its the lcd screen ones, but it doesn flip out. the screen sits in the opening its nice man. go for those.

·
Registered
547 Posts
iv got a double din. so its the lcd screen ones, but it doesn flip out. the screen sits in the opening its nice man. go for those.
I agree that the double din are better. I will be going with double din because when you have a flip out one it blocks your vents and I don't really like that.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya definately go double din. thats what I'm gonna get

·
Registered
720 Posts
As long as there is room for a double din (which our cars have room for), then go Double DIN...don't waste time or money on a flip-out style Single DIN.

In the past I've had cars with only a Single DIN opening and I would say OK in that situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.