Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, but that one looks alot like the stock one (and thats why i forgot about it) theres some brand that makes some kind of kit i liked, named 'tech' somthin i dont really know, it looked kinda cool except it only came out for the cobalt 2/4dr, and since the sedan rear end wont fit on my coup, i need g5 equipment and i'm SOL. but i mean is there really nuthin else?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you use the Cobalt tail lights, you can use the Cobalt bumpers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you use the Cobalt tail lights, you can use the Cobalt bumpers.
yea, i don't think i said that right. as a cobalt owner, i hate the taillights on the coup, because thier almost one-of-a-kind. even if i barely see half of 1 tail light for a split second, i know when its a cobalt (coup). so i have looked for a way to change them. thiese taillights only come on the coup, the sedan has a different light arrangement, but the sedan rear bumper/trunk lid somehow do not fit on the coup. the G5 came ONLY as a coup (usa) and has the same rear light arrangement as the cobalt sedan, and since it is on the coup it will fit properly on my cobalt.

i wanted the opposite result of what you mentioned, coup body with sedan tails

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
yea, i don't think i said that right. as a cobalt owner, i hate the taillights on the coup, because thier almost one-of-a-kind. even if i barely see half of 1 tail light for a split second, i know when its a cobalt (coup). so i have looked for a way to change them. thiese taillights only come on the coup, the sedan has a different light arrangement, but the sedan rear bumper/trunk lid somehow do not fit on the coup. the G5 came ONLY as a coup (us) and has the same rear light arrangement as the cobalt sedan, and since it is on the coup it will fit properly on my cobalt.

i wanted the opposite result of what you mentioned, coup body with sedan tails
I think he was referring to the Cobalt SEDAN rear bumper, as you would have to have the reverse lights somplace, and since the sedan has the reverse lights in the light assemblies, you could use the Sedan rear bumper.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, for some screwed up reason the sedan back bumper will not fit on the coup, but the sedan lights will fit into the space for the G5 light (its the same piece w/the reverse light, instead of seperated, probly need to rewire the harness/plugs) but that should work.

thanks i never thought about the difference between nearly identical lights

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
no, for some screwed up reason the sedan back bumper will not fit on the coup, but the sedan lights will fit into the space for the G5 light (its the same piece w/the reverse light, instead of seperated, probly need to rewire the harness/plugs) but that should work.

thanks i never thought about the difference between nearly identical lights
The G5 lights are NOT the same shape as the Cobalt Sedan. The G5 Coupe lights will only fit on the Coupe unibody. The Sedan tails will only fit on the Sedan body. There is a slight shape discrepancy, mainly on the decklid, that makes the coupe and sedan tails incompatable. If you want the triangular style tails on a cobalt Coupe, use the G5 tails and rear bumper.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...GAY...., thanks for the heads-up though, dodged a mistake

there really not so different so i guess it dosent matter

·
Registered
12 Posts
So a g5 bumper will not fit a cobalt sedan? Ihave been curious about this because theres a g5 bumper from rksport I really like but wasn't sure if it'll fit my LS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.