Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put on an aftermarket maf sensor? particular the one by jet performance (found on autoanything.com) anyone notice a performance difference? worth it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
i doubt that one fits the cobalt
im gonna have to agree with him its a TOTALY different design for it if you look at it and once u made it fit im 99% positive that its gonna give some weird off the wall readings

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
There's no "performance" MAFs for our cars. For vehicles that have a MAF that is part of the intake tract (as in, it has it's own tube), the performance MAFs are just larger diameter, because a MAF is a MAF as far as the sensor goes.

So yeah, for Cobalts there's no performance MAF - it just bolts into the intake tract...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i understand that a maf sensor is a maf sensor

this may be a dumb question as i havent pulled out my maf sensor in a few months but is it possible that this aftermarket sensor just lets more air through as it doesnt block as much airflow as the stock sensor?

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have had the jet performance MAF sensor in my car for 50k miles no problems its beneficial for 2.2 going NA. somehow allows you to use a larger throttle body without tuning for it the JEt performance sensor allows for 40% more air flow which is why if you want a large TB you have to tune for it the computer cant accomodate for the extra air flow...the jet sensor, according to them, allows for the larger air flow.

if you dont have a na build or something with a larger TB it, according to them, doesnt do anything

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
i have had the jet performance MAF sensor in my car for 50k miles no problems its beneficial for 2.2 going NA. somehow allows you to use a larger throttle body without tuning for it the JEt performance sensor allows for 40% more air flow which is why if you want a large TB you have to tune for it the computer cant accomodate for the extra air flow...the jet sensor, according to them, allows for the larger air flow.

if you dont have a na build or something with a larger TB it, according to them, doesnt do anything
LOL wut.

I HIGHLY doubt your using a 2.4 throttle body on your car without a re-tune...and even if you are I bet it is running leaner than hell...which is probably why you think it runs good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

did autoanything or jetperformance or somebody tell you this?

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
How our MAFs are designed, they don't block air...you really can't have more airflow...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
And it's not like your bringing IN SO MUUUUCH AIR THE MAF CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!

You drive a 2.2 or 2.4 Ecotec Cobalt man...cmon. You ain't fooling anyone here, they aren't race cars.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yeah - and it's all about the tubing diameter anyhow - not the sensor itself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright then. i have a 3" injen cai. this may sound absolutely stupid but do you think it could benefit from an aftermarket maf sensor? or is that not much bigger than the stock intake? or is there still no point to it at all?

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Would be a complete waste of money.

You know how the MAF looks and sits in the intake - an aftermarket MAF sensor wouldn't be bigger or anything...it's not a tube.

^ Similar to that.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
alright then. i have a 3" injen cai. this may sound absolutely stupid but do you think it could benefit from an aftermarket maf sensor? or is that not much bigger than the stock intake? or is there still no point to it at all?
Ummm...did you read any of this thread? LOLz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.