Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that aftermarket pedals are required to be drilled in to become permanent. The gas pedal on my car is plastic, so wouldn't drilling into that break the entire petal itself. I'm looking at this set here, thx:
MOMO STEALTH AIRMETAL TOP PEDALS

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
normally there are just clamps that clamp onto the existing pedals, with momo racing pedals they might actually be permanent mounting, idk if you do have to drill it shouldn't break the plastic just be slow with the drill

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have razo's on mine that have mounting brackets but i did drill it into the pedal in a few places to get it to fit so its really solid, its really hard plastic so it wont generally break, just take the rubber cover off if their is one first, same with the clutch and brake.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
normally there are just clamps that clamp onto the existing pedals, with momo racing pedals they might actually be permanent mounting, idk if you do have to drill it shouldn't break the plastic just be slow with the drill
alright, thx, man. the gas pedal is 5 inches long! its gonna be hard to find pedals that fit... the momo ones that im looking at are only like 4.56 inches long. so, in my opinion, that would look terrible

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have razo's on mine that have mounting brackets but i did drill it into the pedal in a few places to get it to fit so its really solid, its really hard plastic so it wont generally break, just take the rubber cover off if their is one first, same with the clutch and brake.
the clutch and the brake are metal under the rubber covers, right? that sounds like it would be a ***** to drill through

·
Registered
254 Posts
ya i dident actually drill at all i just used pointy screws and pushed really hard, generally it is clamp/brackets though just do them really tight. i diden't have to drill into either of those just the rest plate and gas., the razos i have fit over the entire gas pedal but they are quite expensive, and hard to find.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i dident actually drill at all i just used pointy screws and pushed really hard, generally it is clamp/brackets though just do them really tight. i diden't have to drill into either of those just the rest plate and gas., the razos i have fit over the entire gas pedal but they are quite expensive, and hard to find.
are the razos that you have good quality, like made of metal and not plastic? that sort of thing

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
these are the ones i have

Car Mate U.S.A. / RAZO Sport Pedais Competition Sport

and yes they are metal with metal mounting brackets, i drive and stomp pretty hard and they havent failed me yet. also has the nice heel toe thing on the gas pedal, which is what i was looking for when i originally bought them.
what do you think of these if you dont mind me asking? Im trying to add some red to my car where possible and these looks like good ones. and just using the brackets sounds pretty good to me. thx for clearing it up
Autodynamic.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
those look pretty sweet. just watch the gas pedal dimensions, their are 2 versions of most of the razo stuff i think, one kit for short gas pedals and one for long ones. usually differ by like 1 or 2 numbers on the product number

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
those look pretty sweet. just watch the gas pedal dimensions, their are 2 versions of most of the razo stuff i think, one kit for short gas pedals and one for long ones. usually differ by like 1 or 2 numbers on the product number
the gas pedal is about 5" and the aftermarket pedal is slightly over 6" (6.14) is that much of a difference in lengths too much?

·
Registered
455 Posts
what do you think of these if you dont mind me asking? Im trying to add some red to my car where possible and these looks like good ones. and just using the brackets sounds pretty good to me. thx for clearing it up
Autodynamic.com
i have those exact pedals in my car, they look great. they hold up awesome, and the brackets are great. maybe once a month just check to make sure the screws hold the pedals to the brackets are tight, but other than that i love them!

·
Registered
254 Posts
nope i wouldent think so, mine are slightley bigger then my stock pedal. when u floor it it hits on the back of the arm before the bottom of the pedal anyways, so as long as it dosent rub on the side it should be fine.

id like mesure it out on a pice of paper and cut it out and put it over ur stock pedal or somthing just to be safe though if u have any concers space wise

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nope i wouldent think so, mine are slightley bigger then my stock pedal. when u floor it it hits on the back of the arm before the bottom of the pedal anyways, so as long as it dosent rub on the side it should be fine.

id like mesure it out on a pice of paper and cut it out and put it over ur stock pedal or somthing just to be safe though if u have any concers space wise
alright, thx for your help, man, i appreciate it. i feel significantly better about bracketing the pedals and the size. thx a bunch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.