Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 LS with manual everything and I'm sick of it, just sick of it... sooo I figured I'd buy some black LT doors from my local scrap yard with the power window, mirrors, and locks switch in them, only to realize, how the hell would i wire any aftermarket power options to said doors, has anyone done this? I'm not sure how the wiring for the switches or aftermarket powers work so any tips would be great, i'll be doing the install myself so if there is any DIY's that i just cant find that'd be even better.

also in a side note i went to my local dealership and asked if they could install power everything in my balt and that i had the doors and switches, but he said that that was physically impossible, that you cant use OEM power options if u don't already have them....:notrust:.... now i call BS but if u guys have any insight on that that'd be great. Thanks.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
72 Posts
i know i have been looking it to it and its pretty expensive just to buy the parts.. imo the cheapest way would be to buy the whole door for both sides and your would have to change almost everything around... and then get the wire harness for it and then flash the computer... now thats a very basic thing that i have gathered. there's probably alot more to it, or may i'm wrong altogether not to sure .

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i went to my local car audio and car starter guy and for $150 he put half a car starter kit in which was the keyless entry part came with two remotes and works gr8

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a how to @ css.
It requires a lot of parts if you wanna keep it oem.
i don't really need to have OEM parts I just want to wire the aftermarket stuff to the stock switches if that's possible, i cant imagine that it would be THAT hard maybe a couple extra steps like giving the switches power, but then again....its chevy so I'm sure they've made everything impossible to do like they always do, but there's gotta be some way to do it, as complicated as it may be

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.