Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to this site my first post. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I have been searching and have be unable to come up with an answer either here or on the other cobalt ss site.

I have a 2007 LT cobalt, 5 speed base model. No pioneer/No OnStar.

My questions are, I am installing a Kenwood DDX672BH. It has variable illumination adjustments already. When I install the radio I plain on using the proper harness and all the needed hardware to do it. I want to retain as much of factory as I possibly can.

So to my question will I be able to retain the factory illumination or will it be gone and I have to use the radio's settings? The radio's harness has an input illumination wire that will auto dim if hooked up.

I am also installing new speakers all the way around. I am interested in installing the baffles due to not wanting to ruin a bran new pair of speaker to water. The question is what is the rite baffle depth?

I know it has to fit the depth of the speaker but I don't want to run the risk of them being to deep and not fitting properly.

Also what are your opinion's on cutting out a section of the baffle yah or nay on the hole for better sound or cupped?

Thanks for the info.

·
Say What again!
6,014 Posts
If you're using a factory hookup harness (to retain door chimes/turn signal sound), there should be a lead on there for the dimmer. It'll dim along with the rest of the interior lights, just like the factory unit does.

As far as speaker baffles go: don't bother. The only reason the factory speakers go out is because they're a paper cone. Aftermarket speakers will be fine. Not to mention, the baffles absolutely demolish bass response - something you do not want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Make sure to check the new harness before you buy it because the one that I bought didn't retain the dimmer. And I second to not put in baffles, what I did was to cut the old speakers out of the plastic that they're in and fit the speaker right into the old one. Youll know what I mean when you have your door apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.