Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i bought a cobalt ls, and the speakers are almost blown/ getting there...

what i came here to ask is, say i bought some front and rear speakers, how would i go about installing these myself and is it difficult on a scale of 1-10?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
267 Posts
fronts are in the door and should be easy 2-3
your rear deck speakers if its a 2 door you have to tear the whole rear interior of the car apart not bad........but of all the systems I put in my cars it was the worse for the rear and give it 8.9....people have told me to cut them so ya dont have to do it again later..but I like for looks not cut outs...guess its for thief reason?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

had to go out and buy a panel pull driver for the side doors but a screw driver works but ya might scratch it up in the process....if using a screwdriver use a cloth wrapped around the end to help prevent marks..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fronts are in the door and should be easy 2-3
your rear deck speakers if its a 2 door you have to tear the whole rear interior of the car apart not bad........but of all the systems I put in my cars it was the worse for the rear and give it 8.9....people have told me to cut them so ya dont have to do it again later..but I like for looks not cut outs...guess its for thief reason?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

had to go out and buy a panel pull driver for the side doors but a screw driver works but ya might scratch it up in the process....if using a screwdriver use a cloth wrapped around the end to help prevent marks..
ya i have a two door, manual windows and locks, guess when i get the speakers ill give er a try and if i have troubles ill be posting here

·
Registered
267 Posts
kind of see the doors in the back ground
.Clinton's book is great reference ......harbor freight has a 10pcs for $20 panel pull set...cheap an worth it..you'll need it for the rear speaker install...
There's a clip for the door handle cable, and screws in the armrest, and behind the door opener..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kind of see the doors in the back ground
.Clinton's book is great reference ......harbor freight has a 10pcs for $20 panel pull set...cheap an worth it..you'll need it for the rear speaker install...
There's a clip for the door handle cable, and screws in the armrest, and behind the door opener..
perfect thanks alot!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hardest part is pulling the door panels...as others indicate. Just need to be patient (plastic pieces break easily) and go slow (not a race). Also, whenever working on vehicle electrical, disconnect the battery terminals...don't want to accidentally "ZZZzzzap" something in the process. One wrong wire touch can/will cause years of electrical gremlins...trust me - I know. Otherwise, tear into it!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hardest part is pulling the door panels...as others indicate. Just need to be patient (plastic pieces break easily) and go slow (not a race). Also, whenever working on vehicle electrical, disconnect the battery terminals...don't want to accidentally "ZZZzzzap" something in the process. One wrong wire touch can/will cause years of electrical gremlins...trust me - I know. Otherwise, tear into it!
yes agreed :p/

·
Registered
267 Posts
Door panel was the easy for me....the rear deck was the pain....had to start from front to back just to get to the speakers....tear millions pieces to get to 2 speakers....when GM could of mounted them on the trunk side..but if you do that now your losing a lot of sound by doing that...have to say out of all the cars owned a installed in...today's cars are overly priced plastic junk...

·
Registered
922 Posts
I didn't have to much of an issue getting to the rears, I don't quite remember what i did to get in there, but I basically did it with the rear deck still in just kinda popped it up a little bit. Just be careful when you pull your rear deck up so you don't break the rear window defrost pieces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.