Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
This one has a number of steps in there:

Personally, I recommend buying one of the harnesses that allow you just to plug into the factory plug and avoid cutting up any of your factory wiring harness. It allows you to do all of your radio harness to car harness connections outside of the vehicle and then just simply plug it in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I second the opinion of buying a pre wired harness to connect to stock wiring. Put a Sony XAV-AX1000 stereo in using Metra dash kit and wiring harness, super simple/clean install.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Remember your warning bell / chimes and turn signal clicks come from the radio via the Left front speaker. There is a module kit for that with the wiring kit.

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
Remember your warning bell / chimes and turn signal clicks come from the radio via the Left front speaker. There is a module kit for that with the wiring kit.
A very important point!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks @MP81 . Think they might want to visit Clutchfield?

I’m thinking of a 2DIN nav system with MP3 CDs and usb updates/input. Something like the current to 3 yr old CTS systems

·
Say What again!
6,378 Posts
Yup, Crutchfield should have what is needed.

I went with the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX, which still has a CD (and DVD) player, a pair of USBs, an SD card slot as well as wired and wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Zero need to spend extra to get built-in Nav when AA/CP are so good, and always up to date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts