Service Bulletin #: 08-09-41-006
Replacement #:
Vehicle/Equipment Make: CHEVROLET
Vehicle/Equipment Model: COBALT
Model Year:
Mfg Component Code: 141000 AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
Date of Bulletin: 2008-05-01
Date Added: 2008-08-28
Summary: SIR/AIR BAG LIGHT ILLUMINATED, DTC B0081 (PASSENGER PRESENCE SYSTEM (PPS) CODE) STORED (INSPECT PPS SYSTEM CONNECTORS). *PE

If your lights are on when they aren't supposed to, take it in to your dealership for inspection.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My Light came on took it to dealer ,said it cost 1000.00 to repair , Insurance would'nt cover it.
was it the same issue??? The bulletin covers Passenger side air bag issues, triggers, and sensors/grounds. If it was a totally unrelated issue on the driver's side, then that may be why(that is, if your vehicle doesnt have a warranty anymore)

·
Registered
63 Posts
My service air bag light came on about a month ago, was going to have the message checked out, then all of a sudden, no more message and everything is working like it's supposed to. :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well i came to find somethin out as i was tryna install one of mny switches. the airbag sensor has two fuses i believe inside the car, now my airbag sensor would come on and off at time and i didnt know why i just stop paying attention to it. what I did notice is when i has mistakenly removed both of the fuses and placed them back in the light never came on again. (Note car was off) I dont know if thats a glitch or just somehow it just worked itself out but when I start the car the engine does its checks airbag light comes on then turns off again and stays off no more comin on and off like it used to. well just wantd to share that.
both the fuses are inside i believe the fuses are 13 and 24, 13 bein the airbag and 24 bein the module sensor from what it says in the cobalt manual.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
My light came on a few weeks ago, stayed on for a few days then went off on its own, i took it to the dealership anyway & they said the pass side airbag mod. went out & they had to order me a new one, so... i get that fixed tomorrow, thank God my car's still under warranty

·
Registered
600 Posts
My light came on a few weeks ago, stayed on for a few days then went off on its own, i took it to the dealership anyway & they said the pass side airbag mod. went out & they had to order me a new one, so... i get that fixed tomorrow, thank God my car's still under warranty

Most peoples cars would be under warrenty still, but like everyone knows, the mods strip the priveledge of a warrenty :(

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Most peoples cars would be under warrenty still, but like everyone knows, the mods strip the priveledge of a warrenty :(
Yup...
Got it fixed today, was there for like 1000 years, but its all done! haha Walked around & checked out the Camaros & the G8 just to pass the time...

·
Registered
2 Posts
What sensor did they change, I am having the same issue. We have changed the sensor in the passenger seat, the seatbelt pretensioner and Friday we are going to change the side impact sensor in the door. The airbag light on the center console will not show the passenger side airbag on when someone sits in the seat.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
What sensor did they change, I am having the same issue. We have changed the sensor in the passenger seat, the seatbelt pretensioner and Friday we are going to change the side impact sensor in the door. The airbag light on the center console will not show the passenger side airbag on when someone sits in the seat.
Well, the guy @ the dealership just told me that it was the Air Bag Module for the Pass. side... didnt really tell me what or anything...
ok I just went outside & got the paper they gave me after the service was done... it says...the FP # was 15780135 & the Description was Module KI 14.865 but that's all it says, so idk... lol...hope u get urs fixed!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally Fixed

Passenger side sensor not the problem. Pass side seatbelt pre tensioner was it all along. After 7 weeks of messing around, it works like it is supposed to.
Thanks for your input.

Joe

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this same issue. I got to looking around one day and noticed the wiring harness under the passenger front seat had been split. I fixed that and my airbag light problem was fixed. The dealership told me that I would have to pay $1000 for a new harness. But I fixed it and it cost me nothing!

·
Registered
931 Posts
who needs airbags neway

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i had that issue, turned out to be my pretensioner, they robbed another one from a second cobalt off the lot, lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.