Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay My wife messed the engine up and needing to order an engine. There are two option for the 2.2L engine one had a drilled and tapped air check valve on the exhaust manifold other has none. Anyone able to give me a easy way to check for this.

My Cobalt is a 2005 LT, Automatic trans.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Do you have the secondary air intake? It would be a pump that runs via hose between your intake and exhaust. If you do then you need the one with the valve and if you dont you wont need it. Make sense?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Are you referring to the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor or the SAI (secondary air injection)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its refered to as an air check valve when u look at the motors. Also it says the 8th digit in the vin will let you know if u need it. But when I called to check on engine price, guy told me that the with it and with out it will have an F.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
yes its the sai. Look under your hood to see if you have a pipe going from the intake to the exhaust manifold

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay I found a sensor that is connected to manifold right before the manifold attaches to the exhaust. It's just under the heat shield that goes over the manifold and looks like it was drilled and tapped to be put in there. It has a wire connection like a sensor would, no Pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.