Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought myself an air compressor yesterday for cheap. I had been looking for one for awhile now that I have a garage. I was looking for something to run impact tools. I began by looking at 30 gallon models but mode of them did not have the cfm rating @ 90 psi to support the tools. Most require around 5 cfm and a lot of the 30 gallons only offered around 4 cfm at 90 psi. I then started to look at the 60 gallon models what offered a lot more cfm but costed a lot more. Their average cfm rating @ 90 psi was around 11 and would get the job done well. A downfall to these larger models was that I would have to have a 240V outlet installed. At the price point of around $500 I decided I would probably just have to wait and save my money til I could afford one.

The other day someone posted up a compressor for sale online. It was an older discontinued model but had very little use and looks brand new. I found out that this particular model was also the biggest and most powerful unit made for 120V at the time. Below are the specs for it.

Model Number: WL611700RB
Manufacturer: Campbell Hausfeld/IronForce
Tank Size: 28 Gallons
Motor: 6.25HP Peak
Running HP: 1.89HP
Voltage: 120 Volts
CFM @ 40 PSI: 7.4
CFM @ 90 PSI: 6.1
Max Pressure: 150 PSI
Weight: 152 lbs

The guy selling it was asking $250. New they went for around $350. We haggled a little and settled on $175. Got it home, set it up, and drained it. Tested it and everything is working perfectly. Couldn't be happier with it just have to get some impact tools now

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.