Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not hard at all. I have two sets on mine. One for the horn and one for the alarm. For the horn. I just tapped into the factory wiring. Just make sure your connection has a water tight seal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where did you find room for all those horns? Lol
Removed the front bumper. One set on each side. Driver side is cramped because the CAI.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

How to anywhere?
That I know of no. I've done 6 set of these for friends. Just need to place a bigger fuse to run the horn. Simple 2 wire hook-up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Removed the front bumper. One set on each side. Driver side is cramped because the CAI.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

That I know of no. I've done 6 set of these for friends. Just need to place a bigger fuse to run the horn. Simple 2 wire hook-up.

If you don't mind to write me up one. The set I posted a link for comes with a relay

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The factory horn is located under the driver side head light. There's 2 10mm bolts that hold the light to the bracket. Once removed its easy to access the horn. Unplug the factory connector and tap into the power source there.

Okay I wasn't sure if you did it under the dash. So your just using the factory plug

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have always hated the pathetic "beep-beep" horn that the Cobalt comes with.
Last summer I got these PIAA dual tone horns. Plenty loud at 115dB and they mount on the stock bracket in minutes.

I find the air horns (and especially the train horns) to be very juvenile. But then again maybe I'm just getting old ;-)

Piaa Lighting Sport Horns High Tone 85112 Horn

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have always hated the pathetic "beep-beep" horn that the Cobalt comes with.
Last summer I got these PIAA dual tone horns. Plenty loud at 115dB and they mount on the stock bracket in minutes.

I find the air horns (and especially the train horns) to be very juvenile. But then again maybe I'm just getting old ;-)

Piaa Lighting Sport Horns High Tone 85112 Horn
Yep. Defiantly old. I laugh my ass off at train horn pranks on YouTube. I just am getting air horns

·
Registered
350 Posts
The stock Cobalt horn is just pathetic. I plan on replacing it with a set of Fiamm AM80 Made in Italy horns. The Malibus and Impalas usually use those horns, but the Italy ones are better sounding.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stock Cobalt horn is just pathetic. I plan on replacing it with a set of Fiamm AM80 Made in Italy horns. The Malibus and Impalas usually use those horns, but the Italy ones are better sounding.
I ordered my horn tonight. Hopefully have it done by the weekend. If it ain't to hard I'll make a how to

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You could've gotten the Ferrari horn kit haha. I have seen that on a Geo Metro once, could not stop from laughing.

This is what it would sound like and its funny to hear in person.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.