Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i want to get a loud obnoxious air horn, can anyone let me know what a good one is. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
I've got one from Pep Boys... it's not the loudest... or most obnoxious one in the world... but for the $25 it cost me I'm pleased.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got one from Pep Boys... it's not the loudest... or most obnoxious one in the world... but for the $25 it cost me I'm pleased.
Was it just a replacement for the stock one? How easy was the install? I'm tired of my puny horn.

S

·
0 Posts
Was it just a replacement for the stock one? How easy was the install? I'm tired of my puny horn.
It was easy to install....

unhook stock horn... splice wires in to airhorn compressor... mount compressor in a subtle location... run air hose to horn... replace horn fuse with a 20amp...

it's a little "rigged" setup... if you know what I mean... but it's an improvement over the cheap-ass stocker that caused me to get rear ended b/c it wasn't loud enough... people move out of the way now... and it looks really nice under the hood too...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where did you mount the compressor? How much was the total cost? I know you didn't get the horn AND compressor for $25, right?

·
Registered
768 Posts
You could probably mount the compressor in the drivers side front bumper. Plenty of space there and if I'm correct on the LS and LT that's where the stock horn is

S

·
0 Posts

See that one silver nut on top of the radiator support? (by the washer tube) the compressor is mounted up under the support... it tucks in nicely...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ nice bowtie, shits hot

V

·
0 Posts
Wolo also makes nice air horns. They are the people who make the musical ones such as Dixie, La Cucaracha, etc. I had the Dixie one on my truck and it was loud as hell. They also have what they refer to as the "Train Horn". I've only seen it on huge diesels, and it is definitely not lacking in volume. It earns its name.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't installed it, but I am getting a Grover Stutter Firetruck horn, 3 gallon tank and compressor from my friend who installed my Nathan P3 train horn on my avalanche.

·
Registered
10 Posts
on the cobalt I can honestly say I have no idea. On the avalanche it was in addition to the stock horn. I had a seperate button on the centre console for the train horn

·
Registered
83 Posts
A buddy of mine got an air horn installed on the top of his truck. Take a look at Trainhorn.com. That thing is insanely loud. It's funny as hell too when he's driving along side of the railroad tracks and a train is running even with him. It'll sound it's horn, then he'll sound his. Funniest thing ever.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hahah ^^^ thats pretty funny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.