Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am putting in my intake and I find that the air injection hose isn't even really connected to wherever it should be. I think I found where it's supposed to be connected but it's pretty hard to get to anyone else ever have this problem? Insight would be nice

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Are you talking about the hose between the head and the intake?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comes up. Not down I can't get the hose clamp tightened because of how awkward it is to get to

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
It has to be the hose going to the head unless you have the secondary intake. Got any pictures?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Are you talking about the hose between the head and the intake?
Yea i believe he is talking about that one.

I never played with that hose. You said it wasn't connected to where it should be? Or was it loose and just came off? I think that would cause a CEL if you operate the vehicle with it off or am i crazy?

·
Registered
803 Posts
youve got to connect it to the underneath side on the new intake pipe right?

it was a PITA, i took the pipe off the TB and connected it, then put it all back on.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
the one circled in red is the one you speak of riggs?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Crazy, that is the hose we were talking about with the oil catch can in an earlier thread this week. It vacuums out gasses and contaminents that can be harmful to your engine so you definately want that on there. You shouldn't be using a screw down hose clamp you should be using a pressure clamp.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

That picture is secondary intake.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
oh so the catch can goes between that hose and the connection to the intake right? if so, catch cans all makes sense now. Sorry for thread jacking!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Did a quick search on google for a pic since I dont have one yet and turned out to be someone from this site!!

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Did you notice the flex pipe directing the air into the intake!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Oh it is, I definately plan on getting one due to the age and milage on my car. I'll take every procaution to keep her running well.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Did you notice the flex pipe directing the air into the intake!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
it is safe? and whats the aluminum hose coming from under the air filter?
See above!! Totally safe. Go to new posts and read through the oil catch can thread. Everything is explained.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea that's what I was talking about. It had a screw clamp on it. It was like not tight at all though. I think I managed to get it pretty tight(I hope:/) also anyone else think I should trim this up? Lol

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
OMG yes, that is doing you no good like that. Get some preasure clamps and hose from your local hardware store, will cost you like $3.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol that's the hose that came with the intake. In then pics it fits perfect but that's on an 05 with the different engine and whatnot...well same engine but you know what I mean. Im just gonna cut it and put the hose clamps on it, just thought it was kids funny to show

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, I think their intention was to provide enough hose for all years and you can cut it down if needed.

Now did you get some flex pipe to bring the air up to the SRI?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol nah I was trying to think of something to use to do that though. I still gotta take the baffle out of there too

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.