Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
wut kind of intake?? and do u have an MAF adapter? If so you need to add the velocity adaptor

·
Registered
73 Posts
try unhookin the battery for 10 mins

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah it should reset it just make sure u leave ur doors unlocked and the trunk open or else have fun gettin back in the car lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tried the batt thiny several times when i had the problem it didnt work......... If you connect it to the computer wut code comes up?? If you tell me which code i can prolly tell u what you need to do....... AutoZone connects the comp for free!!! The MAF adaptor that i have is an Spectre Performance part#9405 (3") if you have a 4' you need part# 9705

·
Registered
446 Posts
I disconnected the battery first before I removed my stock intake system and installed the my K&N SRI. After I checked everything, hooked the battery back up started the car and everything was fine, no cels were thrown at all. Maybe I just got lucky. We have had this issue before with a few intake systems, and as far as I can see sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Do u have an oiled filter or dryflow? Did you handle the maf extremely carefully? They are easily damaged.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Ya its ok. The code should go away because your computer will adjust to the extra air flow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.