Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done it? If so where did you get the kit?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Tell me air ride seats wouldn't be amazing. Come on now.lol.

Actually I spent most of me younger years in a semi and I love the seats.... Ever road in a semi?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a class B CDL for awhile, and yeah, those seats in any car would be awesome on trips.
Thank you!!! Ha ha. We need to find a way to put them in our Balts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I'm a little too long in the torso for that. I have the base of my seat all the way down and my head is about 1 inch from the roof. I don't see how to fit one in...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a little too long in the torso for that. I have the base of my seat all the way down and my head is about 1 inch from the roof. I don't see how to fit one in...
There has to be a way.......

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Yea, unless you are below 5 foot there wouldn't be enough head room. I already have a hard enough time with soda bottles and I am only 5'10". Do not think they would do much good as the bags would have to be at least 3-4 inches tall to be of any sort of useful purpose.
and yes I have ridden in a civilian semi with airbag seats and have driven a HEMMT with spring loaded seats across 700 miles of Kuwait/Iraqi back roads back in 2003. They are cool, but again don' think there would be any way to have functional air bag seats in a small car of any kind.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still you should be able to without making them ride higher....

·
Registered
674 Posts
It would take a lot, but basically you'd have to have the seat assembly on the floor and then the air ride would have to be small and I do mean small bags that could inflate to give you the same seat travel as what we have now, then the tracks would have to mount to that... it'd be hard but it could be done.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it would take a lot, but basically you'd have to have the seat assembly on the floor and then the air ride would have to be small and i do mean small bags that could inflate to give you the same seat travel as what we have now, then the tracks would have to mount to that... It'd be hard but it could be done.
lets do it!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.