Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to be interested in purchasing an air ride setup this spring or summer. I was wondering if anyone here has an air setup. If so did you buy a complete kit or parts individually? Which parts or kit did you purchase? How much did it cost? Does anyone sell a pre-made kit besides CA and Easy Street? Lastly if anyone is interested in my complete Koni yellow w/ #1 lowering springs let me know as I will be selling it all once I do the conversion.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i love air ride... my buddy who had air on his cavalier recommended airbagit.com where you can get the entire kit to bag a balt for about $1400, but i think there was a sale then so idk what the price is now. i plan to do this too... well maybe, depends on if i get a truck or not. LOL... but then again, one of my minitruckin friends said it would prob be cheaper to get it part by part instead of a whole kit, so im not sure exactly. haha

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I looked into the companies that were mentioned and ksport does not make an air setup for the cobalt. They only make coilovers. Airbagit.com offers a setup but it looked pretty cheap and was $1800. CA offers a kit for $2100 shipped and Easy Street had one for just over $2000 at a 3rd party retailer that I found. The thing I liked about the ES kit was that it came with an electronic display / controller instead upgrade option that you could use instead of the big switch box. However this option was listed as close to $1700 on their website lol. Keep looking to see what we can find. Hopefully we can make a sticky listing all of the options.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I looked into the companies that were mentioned and ksport does not make an air setup for the cobalt. They only make coilovers. Airbagit.com offers a setup but it looked pretty cheap and was $1800. CA offers a kit for $2100 shipped and Easy Street had one for just over $2000 at a 3rd party retailer that I found. The thing I liked about the ER kit was that it came with an electronic display / controller instead upgrade option that you could use instead of the big switch box. However this option was listed as close to $1700 on their website lol. Keep looking to see what we can find. Hopefully we can make a sticky listing all of the options.
where did you look at for the k sports.. i was a dealer for them and i have seen the ksport air ride for cobalts..

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to there site and there is not air ride setup listed for the cobalt. I did however call Easy Street about a full kit w/ the auto pilot digital controller and it would be around $2200 shipped

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I went to there site and there is not air ride setup listed for the cobalt. I did however call Easy Street about a full kit w/ the auto pilot digital controller and it would be around $2200 shipped
thats strange but $2200 is a great price! i would go with that.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If you buy things seperatley go to suicidedoors.com They are F-ing amazing! I dont like the digital set-up you can ask just about any s10 guy that is bagged..... like I was :( stupid cobalt. Digital is too tough to read because your numbers will be jumping all over the place, when you use a needle and gauge system they might be jumping but at least you dont have to read a blurry needle.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If you buy things seperatley go to suicidedoors.com They are F-ing amazing! I dont like the digital set-up you can ask just about any s10 guy that is bagged..... like I was :( stupid cobalt. Digital is too tough to read because your numbers will be jumping all over the place, when you use a needle and gauge system they might be jumping but at least you dont have to read a blurry needle.
i was gonna make sure i posted suicidedoors.com when i got here this morning... you beat me to it. :laugh:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the digital setup I was looking at it is not a digital gauge. It shows a picture of each bag and shows a fill level and a % by it to tell you how full the bags are. The device then also has buttons for control. There would still be a manual gauge on the tank itself.

·
Registered
653 Posts
With the digital setup I was looking at it is not a digital gauge. It shows a picture of each bag and shows a fill level and a % by it to tell you how full the bags are. The device then also has buttons for control. There would still be a manual gauge on the tank itself.

I see what you mean, I had a dual needle gauge for front and then a dual needle gauge for the back and then a seperate gauge for the tank. I had them all ran to my center console underneath the radio/hvac controls. It was bomb and really really cheap to do since most gauges use 1/8th inch air line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.