Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone seen aftermarket airbag cover emblems other than the gold chevy symbol? I would like to change mine out, but have not come up with anything.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm not surprised there haven't been replacements marketed, whatever you put on there aftermarket is going to be a projectile into your chest if the airbag goes off. No one probably wants to touch the liability on that one, and it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Hailcesar has a CF one I think, lots of people have used wheel centers, even domed decals. I wrapped a piece of thick cardboard in leather for mine. Use a compass to make a perfect cardboard circle, attach leather to cardboard with spray adhesive wrapping around the edge, attach to wheel with 3m tape. I figure this won't kill me if the airbag deploys, looks better than the dented up airbag emblem I inherited with the car, but isn't very exciting.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not surprised there haven't been replacements marketed, whatever you put on there aftermarket is going to be a projectile into your chest if the airbag goes off. No one probably wants to touch the liability on that one, and it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Hailcesar has a CF one I think, lots of people have used wheel centers, even domed decals. I wrapped a piece of thick cardboard in leather for mine. Use a compass to make a perfect cardboard circle, attach leather to cardboard with spray adhesive wrapping around the edge, attach to wheel with 3m tape. I figure this won't kill me if the airbag deploys, looks better than the dented up airbag emblem I inherited with the car, but isn't very exciting.
Very creative. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ok to be honest, it seems risky but i just ended up painting mine instead of spending money on an overlay, i made mine black on black and it looks sick...it just took alot of work to be honest because i wanted no overspray...i had the whole interior basically masked off but it worked out totally fine, just a thought

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
this has been discussed on here already i believe
if not here than css deff has because i have posted a few times about it
you can remove it with no problems u just need hook tools

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ok to be honest, it seems risky but i just ended up painting mine instead of spending money on an overlay, i made mine black on black and it looks sick...it just took alot of work to be honest because i wanted no overspray...i had the whole interior basically masked off but it worked out totally fine, just a thought
spray painting inside your car=fail
i would never do that no matter how masked off everything was

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have the autobot logo in the middle of my steering wheel and love it. I got it from 24designs.net They have a lot of cool emblems and whatnot on heir site. Chek it out. and btw. The chevy emblem in the middle of the steering wheel is a thin aliminum piece so it it easy to dent and removing it will not cause the airbag to deploy.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I have the autobot logo in the middle of my steering wheel and love it. I got it from 24designs.net They have a lot of cool emblems and whatnot on heir site. Chek it out. and btw. The chevy emblem in the middle of the steering wheel is a thin aliminum piece so it it easy to dent and removing it will not cause the airbag to deploy.
24designs is a local guy here! I will admit, he does do cool badges and stickers!

·
Registered
678 Posts
i had thought of doing that a few times i didnt know if it was possible and figured it'd be a dumb question so i didnt ask. lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Heres a quick shot of mine . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.