Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drove my 2008 chevy cobalt LT sedan home from a 45 min drive, no lights no problems no codes, worked perfectly, then in the morning as soon as i started it my airbag light came on and "service airbag" was shown, since then the light has no turned off and the passenger airbag is working properly, when empty it is off when someone sits on the passanger it turns on fine, is there a fuse that i might have possibly blew while starting the car in the morning? any advice is helpful! oh also even with the light there are no codes in the domestic/international obd2 scanner...but i will try another scanner to see if that decides to show anything...thank you guys!:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a plug under the passenger seat. i disconnected it hoping the air bag light wouldn't come on n i got that same message on driver info center. just make sure the plug didn't some how get un-plugged. h

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I unplugged the drivers side n when i didn't buckle up,no chime or red guy blinking. i tried passenger side n that message appeared. i plugged it back in but was surprised how it could come dis-lodged. just a good starting point.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm i will diffidently try that tomorrow i will check under the passenger seat to see if anything is unplugged...do you know if the diver side has a sensor underneath it as well? i do believe the passenger "sensor" is working because when i do not have a passenger the airbag on/off in the center of the dash is "off" but when someone sits on the passenger seat it does switch over to "on." but just in case i will check underneath! any other advice perhaps? thanks mighty mouse

·
Registered
340 Posts
If that doesn't correct, did you just purchase this car, any accident history, recent electrical mods? Just seeing it there's a reason behind your service light mystery...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The drive has a smaller plug. It only turned off annoying seat belt chime. i don't like how the passenger seat has a weight sensor. When alone my phone turns on sensor n car starts dinging. I just unugged the Pass sensor n when it was half way in Service air bag light was on but air bag light seemed ok. when i properly installed plug everything normal again. its on the right side of seat easy to get to if ur behind passenger seat.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

If the plug is in but not all the way Service Air Bag shows in DIC but air back light near hvac says on or off. that was illuminated even with plug not all the way in. with plug completely disconnected air bag display was out. just weird how if its half in u think its ok then Service Air Bag light appears. good luck fixing it

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Could also be the impact sensor on radiator support or inside front passenger door.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i have not done any electrical mods to the car, sorry for the late response, but i did not have time yet to look at it or take it in, on my day off soon, i will try the simple stuff : check for fuses, and unplug the battery terminal and if all else fails ill take it to get the code read, n *bites nails* dealership! fml lolll but ill let you guys know what it came out to be...as soon as i get a chance but other than the light its been running good, never had problems with it before drove the sh*t out of it too my daily commuter loll 6 days a week for almost 2 years straight loll so i was overdue for a little hiccup loll

oh! and for my understanding the drivers side just has a seatbelt sensor correct? i do not think anything is loose under the seats because like i said when i have a passanger the display under the HVAC it actually switches to the "on". but it doesnt hurt to unplug and replug the wires underneath so i will do that as well as part of my "simple try the easy things first" step loll

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
I don't like how the passenger seat has a weight sensor. When alone my phone turns on sensor n car starts dinging. I just unplugged the Pass sensor n when it was half way in Service air bag light was on but air bag light seemed ok.
With the TechII you can calibrate the sensor. If you always have a laptop or a briefcase sitting on the passenger seat you can calibrate the sensor for this weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.